Looking for Black Flame Custom Pics Halos+LEDS on a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattfox27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking for pictures of Black Flame Customs projector conversions on 07+ yukons.

Especially looking for what the CCFL Halos and LED strips look like with black headlight and on a working vehicle...

Anyone have any input on color temp? Im thinking 5K i think 6K is too blue but i want a hint of blue but mostly really white.

Thanks

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think HBR has them. He's a member here.

chris4851

Reaction score
I have BFC headlights painted black, however no halos or LEDs on mine either.

Photo%203.jpg

Photo%202.jpg

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are 4 of us who have them on the forum. 3 including myself have chimed in.

I have them in Denali spec, 5k. I thought the 6k was too blue as well just because I had them on my BMW once and couldn't see shit in rain. I still need to post pics of my install.

Let me know if I can help out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
M

Mattfox27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya im just trying to lock down a build with them but i want to see a pic with there halos on a yukon headlight.

Were you guys all happy with there work? Were they easy to deal with?

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Has anyone seen one of there setups with the Halos and LED's i have seen it on there website but they don't show the Halos for a Yukon only the LED strip and it looks kinda cheesy i think, but then i saw a Cadillac last night that had what looked like the same type of LED strip and it looked pretty nice. Im in the middle of ordering from BFC im definitely getting the Halos but im on the fence about the LED's.

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While all the BFC guys are here.......anyone care to share the wire sequence that worked for lows and highs?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not do the led strips, these trucks are imo too elegant for that.

The problem with our headlight is that most of the time retrofits require that drls are sacrificed.

There is a way to extract the H13 drl signal from the high beam, and then one could run drl/turn signal led switchbacks on the upper reflector.

In fact I was going to do that in my retro in a couple of weeks but decided to do a different super secret setup, so I have asymmetrical switchbacks in a drawer for that purpose if anyone needs them.

But they'd have to check with bfc if they know how to recover the drl signal from H13s.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Just to note that if drl signal extraction is possible, one can run the signal to the fogs as another option.

chris4851

Reaction score
As Serge mentioned, I have also sacrificed my DRL's. Personally I like the look with no DRL, after all its daytime. Sometimes I will put my fogs on as a DRL however this is a manual process and not automatic.

OP
OP
M

Mattfox27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does BFC kill the DRL's somehow in there retro? Or is it a fuse pull? Or diode removal? I placed my order with BFC im just wondering what to expect with disconnect of DRL's im very good with electronics/electrical so its no worry i just haven't had a chance to play with disconnecting DRL's. I read some say its a fuse pull and some say removal of a diode underneath drivers dash can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

whats your super secret DRL setup? I would love to run DRL's on the CCFL halos on the retro kit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts