Looking to buy a work truck. Need expert assistance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
If your budget is $4K for a full size SUV, you better lower your standards significantly.
I'm not looking for something fancy. I need daily beater, that would not beat me up financially, that is all. I found some fully loaded GM trucks,v( Escalade , Yukon 2007-2009 )but those are beyond my budget.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
So far nothing, just some barely alive necro species for insanely high prices. Managed to find 2 vehicles with one owner but $5000 for 256 k one owner that is too much. Market is still too high, probably I should wait till autumn. Because it makes no sense overpaying to those sellers. They really think that they are selling a gem, though I'm showing that there is no frame left. Craigslist and FB marketplace are full of insanity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
I think I found a candidate. Too much miles but guy promised that he was the one who had it for past 20 years.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found a candidate. Too much miles but guy promised that he was the one who had it for past 20 years.
258K isn't bad as long as it was maintained, which judging by the exterior it seems it was. Seller is honest about the interior, which is good but a trip to a junkyard can probably source any inoperable switches or dials for pretty cheap. Sunroof is an issue if it leaks, but not too hard to repair. New seat covers are super cheap on eBay, you could swap both front seats for leather for around $100.

Being in CT, rust will be your biggest issue (I assume), but again I am from the South and never dealt with rust so in my mind everything north of TN is a rust state.

Expect to spend an additional $1-2K to get it up to daily driver standard. That is still within your original budget.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
My searches are unsuccessful so far. But how they say who searches that finds.
What you guys can tell me about Hummer H2 or h3 ? Should I consider them?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CustomCoffinWorks