Lost my keys please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
But you got one made and can drive the Yukon now, right? :)

emtp579

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Won't work in your situation, but I saved a ton by buying a key blank on e-bay and taking it to a high quality locksmith in town to cut a copy. I think it was like $30 total vs. alot more at the dealer. I wanted a spare to hide in my house so that if I lost both of the originals I would not have to go to the stealer.

OP
OP
R

Rld003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Won't work in your situation, but I saved a ton by buying a key blank on e-bay and taking it to a high quality locksmith in town to cut a copy. I think it was like $30 total vs. alot more at the dealer. I wanted a spare to hide in my house so that if I lost both of the originals I would not have to go to the stealer.

Good idea

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a new key on ebay for a Lexus. It had a fancy laser cut key and the handle part was the fob. I swapped the electronic part from the broken key.

drwalton22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I shut my door in my 07 yukon the other day and came back and all the doors were locked with the keys in there. I didn't hit a button while getting out. Is this a safety feature or should I just get a magnet and put under the vehicle with a spare key? THanks

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does that too. However, if I have the keys in the ignition it doesn't lock.
A lot of times I think it just locks from the sensitivity of the lock button on the fob.

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All this talk about keys and guess what?!?!
I lost my key and fob, so I'm ordering it on ebay.

rxis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It locked on its own immediately after I closed the driver side door while the key fob was still hanging on the wall. It must be automatic.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a new key on ebay for a Lexus. It had a fancy laser cut key and the handle part was the fob. I swapped the electronic part from the broken key.

Wait, so were you saying that you put the electronic part of a Tahoe/Yukon key fob in a Lexus key fob and made it work? If so that's unique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts