Lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys. My 04 Yukon Denali xl 6.0 is doing this vibrating thing at about 30mph. Now I've added 4 gts. Of transmission fluid and also the dual bottle of stop leak. It happened this Saturday when I was on the highway and I punched it to go around a slow driving car but kept digging in because I love to do so. But after that literally immediately when I got off the highway 6 minutes later my acceleration had this jittery like vibrating feeling. It feels like t it's in the front of the vehicle because my dashboard shakes at a point. It starts at 30 but will stop at 36mph. I have driven faster than that since. It's my daily driver and I work 7mins away from home. Like I said earlier I just today pour in stop leak and two qts. Yesterday I poured in two qts just by themselves. Funny thing is that before I put anything in on yesterday I checked the dipstick and there was fluid on it, so how in the hell did it take basically 4qts and stopleak? Idk myself that's why I'm here talking about it. I've been building on this truck 2020 and it now has just over 178k. I've been saying that I wanted to replace the trans, but just not right not. Do you guys think that it is the trans or is it some other component with the AWD or...?
first thing I would do is go get a alignment check and rebalance the wheels, perhaps rotate as well.
this and a front end inspection is always the first step for vibrations unless you know dam well that's not it.
2nd thing to check is drive shaft/u-joints

OP
OP
U

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first thing I would do is go get a alignment check and rebalance the wheels, perhaps rotate as well.
this and a front end inspection is always the first step for vibrations unless you know dam well that's not it.
2nd thing to check is drive shaft/u-joints
Thanks for the tip because I have been running her pretty hard lately. I'm running 20in TIS on 33 inch muds. Also I just recently had all four u joints replaced, but I will definitely double back for an inspection.

OP
OP
U

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you check the trans? Idling, hot, on level ground in park?

Does the vibration change with RPM, or just speed?

Have you tried running it through lower gears (keeping it in 2nd, then 3rd) to eliminate 4th?
Ok B-train I did run it in all other gears on my home, with 3rd gear feeling the best. It still started vibrating at about 35 -37mph but not as bad when it's in regular drive. What say you?
I'm ultimately going to end up taking it to the shop to get looked at but I just like to know the problem before hand.

OP
OP
U

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok B-train I did run it in all other gears on my home, with 3rd gear feeling the best. It still started vibrating at about 35 -37mph but not as bad when it's in regular drive. What say you?
I'm ultimately going to end up taking it to the shop to get looked at but I just like to know the problem before hand.
B-Train I am now convinced that it has something to do with my front end because I am now having issues turning my wheel to the left. Any front end ideas that may be wrong. Just for clarity. I have my truck raised not lifted 3 inches with 20in rims and 33inch tires. All of my moving parts have been replaced. Upper and lower control arms, inner, outer tie rods, struts, sway bars etc. Does this truck have a rack and pinion? And could that be what the problem is.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to 'tag' a member don't just type the username. You'll need to either 'Reply' to one of his/her posts, or type the username starting with "@" then the start of the username and select using the picklist. Like I do here: @B-train @UnderDogg.

OP
OP
U

UnderDogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
B-Train I am now convinced that it has something to do with my front end because I am now having issues turning my wheel to the left. Any front end ideas that may be wrong. Just for clarity. I have my truck raised inche
If you want to 'tag' a member don't just type the username. You'll need to either 'Reply' to one of his/her posts, or type the username starting with "@" then the start of the username and select using the picklist. Like I do here: @B-train @UnderDogg.
Oh ok got it. Thanks

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B-Train I am now convinced that it has something to do with my front end because I am now having issues turning my wheel to the left. Any front end ideas that may be wrong. Just for clarity. I have my truck raised inche

Oh ok got it. Thanks
It thank it's time to put it on a lift and look it over. CV axles possibly.

Haven you tried moving the front tires to the rear and see if it follows?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's involved with turning to the left?

Steering Column
Steering gear box
Power steering
Axles
Differential if driving a 4WD/AWD
Wheel bearings
Potential Disk/rotors
Front shock absorbing system (what it's called eludes me at the moment)

If I have missed anything, feel free to correct me.

My point is that you can visually inspect most of these things, or rattle them yourself to see what is loose. It does sound like you've cause something to come loose or break loose.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mallard

Latest posts