Lower bumper to paint or not??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Another thing, if you're painting the air dam to match... smooth it out first! Please! Looks terrible with that texture :p

Last edited:

TriniHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone with a Tahoe or Suburban painted theres? I am talking about the part that has the cutouts for the fog lights / tow hooks any pics of info would be great.

IMG_0347_zpsb55f18cf.jpg

I have since coated it with the bumper black, it got a lot of stone chips.

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0347_zpsb55f18cf.jpg

I have since coated it with the bumper black, it got a lot of stone chips.
Thank you for posting that picture and info. I don't really think that will look good on my truck might be too much red going on in the front and I am **** about the paint as it is now I damn sure don't want to be worried about something that will most definitely be hit with rocks.

Now as far as your boards go I like that idea.... do you have anymore pictures?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Does anyone know if they make the deflector in black like the running boards?

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
They do make a black one. But its the Z71 style air dam. Or you can paint it black, thats what I did on mine, much better than grey, imo.

Attachments

• 20140505_194227_HDR.jpg
    20140505_194227_HDR.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 16

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide on black, try plasti dipping it. Its flexible so may hold up better to rocks.

daltrooney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was looking at mine (which is gray) and he said that if you take a heat gun to it lightly it will turn black and stay black. He was acting like it was black originally...Were they black and just have faded or were they gray?

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus