lowered my 04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BTW the 5305 gives almost a 5 inch drop. 4.5 at least from stock. Your truck if not sitting on bumpsstops should be a lot lower if it's the 5305 spring with shock extenders.

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
I'm goin to get under it today n check it out. I kno b4 I was just above the bump stops but I will look at it some more today

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no problem. yah just look at springs to make sure they say 5305 on them

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
Springs r the 5305 n I'm about 1/2 to 3/4" above the bump stops.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Springs r the 5305 n I'm about 1/2 to 3/4" above the bump stops.

wow must ride harsh. I would do the free travel mod/djm links/my bumpstops. What shocks are you using on the truck?

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
Stock shocks with extenders. Actually ride good I think, just wish it was lower.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Tony said, do the free travel mod for sure. Do your springs have the 1" spacer installed? If so, that might be why yours is sitting a bit higher. Mine are 5305 springs also but I'm not using the 1" spacer. Mine has the free travel mod but I can't remember how far my axle is from the frame. I can find out if you need it.

If you find out they don't have the spacer installed you can always trim off a couple dead coils to get a lower drop for the back without sacrificing ride quality. One of the nice things about the 5305's.

Mike

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
What is the free travel mode consist of or what is it also no spacer on the spring.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the free travel mode consist of or what is it also no spacer on the spring.

Free travel mod is just cutting off the metal section of the rear bump stop all the way up to the frame rail in the rear, right above the axle, both sides.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harmonketla