Lowered my '15 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from looking at it did look close. spring perches the same upper a arm cam kit the same. struts can be also milled. Just waiting to get one here to do the final install of the parts and then if doesnt work all good. Learning experience for me and hopefully finally get one here next week to do. i want to slam one baddd

Well don't assume they're the same and make a parts list for other forum members to buy the wrong parts. I have a shop and give feedback using real world experience. Assumptions are not experience.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

How is the ride stock vs 24s vs drop?

Love the look of the 24s and drop. But mine is really a family hauler and not sure the wife would tolerate it.

Im thinking of 22s and just leveling out the rear to keep it mostly like a stock ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still playing with my autoride sensors to get the ride dialed in and I went from stock suspension /20's to lowered/24's so I can't comment on the ride with just 24's....but this one rides 10 times better then the nnbs we had lowered 4.5/6 on 24's....so far I am impressed with it. These 5305 coils always deliver.

What trim level is yours? The magnetic ride control is a hassle if it's an LTZ.

How is the ride with the McGaughy coil relocators?????

Is it like stock?

No complaints with the front besides the install being a hassle due to having to disassemble the electronics for the mag ride control to swap out the spring perch. I have installed these for the past several years on trucks and other tahoes and enjoy the results I get from them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any negatives?

Thanks for you help

Could possibly prematurely wear your shock out due to the compressed ride height.

I recommend to do the relocators on lower mileage vehicles and doing the McGaughys struts on something with higher mileage (shocks need replaced). This is for non auto ride suv's........for trucks my recommendation is different......

A

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an SLT Yukon so no mag ride issues. The 5305 with auto ride relocators was a direct fit in the back?

OP
OP
R

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Also just to note, if you're only doing a 2" drop up front I always go with spindles. This keeps your ride completely stock.....but there's not any spindles for the '15s yet

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Mine is an SLT Yukon so no mag ride issues. The 5305 with auto ride relocators was a direct fit in the back?

Bolt in. I have the 34324 kit out back and coils, shock relocators and bump stops are all a direct fit.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

You tried the mcgaughys struts too? Thoughts?

Yes I have them on my crew cab and had them on our nnbs tahoe we sold to get the 15.

yjeqy9am.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well don't assume they're the same and make a parts list for other forum members to buy the wrong parts. I have a shop and give feedback using real world experience. Assumptions are experience...........
:owned:
I won't bring up old disagreements b/w me and the "suspension go to guy" Norcal, but I would have to say that I can agree with that type of post here and there!:beer:

Back on topic, that's a clean '15 Tahoe. Gotta show those Lubbock bois how it's done.
Now tell the wife to chill out and let you buy 26s from me so we can see your Tahoe dropped on these below!
GMC_Yukon_wtw_giovanna_gianelle_bologna_rims_wheels_luxury_high-performance_concave.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngraham2010