lowering kit help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddyoth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
now come a time to lower my limited 'hoe the only problem is i don't know what lowering kit to get with so i ask for your expertise on this and i also have a set of '96 impala ss wheel and tire (255-45-17) plan to use it with.

i'm new to truck & suv stuff so brand and part # would be helpfull

thanks in advance...Oth

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17s to small atleast go with as 20. No need to buy anything to lower the front. Just crank the torion keys to the appropiate drop. If you wanna go lower then buy new keys. I feel it is not necessary.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
17s to small atleast go with as 20. No need to buy anything to lower the front. Just crank the torion keys to the appropriate drop. If you wanna go lower then buy new keys. I feel it is not necessary.

theres no Keys on a tahoe limited. they are 2 wheel drive hence the impala rims are a 5x5 bolt pattern making it 2wd :)

check out our vendors at the top of the page. Belltech or DJM are good kits. how low do you want to go??

You can use coils and spindles up front for a 4 or 5inch drop and for the rear you can use a shackle and hanger kit for a 4inch drop or flip kit for a 6 inch drop.. CHEERS! and welcome to the forum, be sure to throw up some pics of the limited! loves those trucks as you can see

OP
OP
D

daddyoth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys,what kind of problem will i run in to 17 in. wheel. i don't really want to change the spindle,if i can get by with just a springs up front and shackle and hanger kit in the rear that'll be great maybe 3in. in the front and 5in. rear if there is a kit out please point me to the right direction.

i will into belltech & jdm

thank you very much,

Oth

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
all the vendors for suspension the right top of the screen will help ya out. but usually the coils give you 2 or 3inchs and the shackle and hanger kit is 4inchs. you can take out a leaf spring to give you a little more drop as well. you might want to start looking into doing a Cnotch once going lower then 4inchs in the rear. so a flip kit for sure you would need a cnotch.. youve got a PM btw :)

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will be fine with 17s. just make sure if you go lower than 2 inches that your running no wider than a 255 up front or you will have hell not scraping. my finders are cut with 275 and every ****** bump at about 60 i scrape. i have a 3/5. 2" spindles and 1 inch coil up front. being i have a 2 door my rear is a little different but if you want lower than 4 inches i would highly recommend a flip kit. limited hoes are sick with the skirts and shit left on them lowered. def post pics and im sure many of us are willing to help ya. WELCOME

ps: i was also running impala wheels before i bought the 338s. itll look sick man

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thanks guys,what kind of problem will i run in to 17 in. wheel. i don't really want to change the spindle,if i can get by with just a springs up front and shackle and hanger kit in the rear that'll be great maybe 3in. in the front and 5in. rear if there is a kit out please point me to the right direction.

i will into belltech & jdm

thank you very much,

Oth

Just need one bit of info before we go on. Is your truck a 2 or 4 door.

In front you can get drop springs for 1-3 inch drop or i read above you dont want spindles and djm also offers lower 3 inch control arms which comes with new balljoints and bushings.

In rear if its a 4 door you can do a hangler/shackle kit like was mentioned above that will give you a 3-4 inch drop.

anything below a 4 inch drop i would c notch the frame if you want a nice ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970