Lowering z71 to stock LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walkswithtahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to get some info about removing the Z71 springs from the rear of my '04 Tahoe. I see that I can get the stock suspension springs and it appears they lower it about an inch. Is this the best/only option? I would like it to sit more level and I don't tow.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Looking to get some info about removing the Z71 springs from the rear of my '04 Tahoe. I see that I can get the stock suspension springs and it appears they lower it about an inch. Is this the best/only option? I would like it to sit more level and I don't tow.
Yea either the normal LT stock springs (non z71 or moog HD) or you could probably just crank your torsion keys up some and get that 1-2” your looking for to level it out for free! That’s what I would do!

OP
OP
W

walkswithtahoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea either the normal LT stock springs (non z71 or moog HD) or you could probably just crank your torsion keys up some and get that 1-2” your looking for to level it out for free! That’s what I would do!
Thanks for the input. I don't want to raise the front cuz I really like the ride and I just wanted to look level so I'll probably start with the rear and see how that looks. I'm thinking the stock LT springs will only give me one inch so it'll look like a stock LT. But I'm wondering if the 2-in lowering springs that I keep seeing are for the LT's so would be more of a 3-inch for me. I don't know if that's the best way to go or not

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I don't want to raise the front cuz I really like the ride and I just wanted to look level so I'll probably start with the rear and see how that looks. I'm thinking the stock LT springs will only give me one inch so it'll look like a stock LT. But I'm wondering if the 2-in lowering springs that I keep seeing are for the LT's so would be more of a 3-inch for me. I don't know if that's the best way to go or not
I like your screen name