LQ4 block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Hey guys. Found a deal on a 2002 LQ4 block. Cylinders are clean, block looks good. Any reason why I shouldn't look into this year for this block?

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason at all man. The bare LQ4 block is the same as a bare LQ9 block. Any plans for it?

Mike

OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
No reason at all man. The bare LQ4 block is the same as a bare LQ9 block. Any plans for it?

Mike

Thanks for the reply. Plans for now are to just put a 6.0 together and replace my 4.8 with it. It won't happen quickly by any stretch of the imagination, but I gotta start somewhere.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Plans for now are to just put a 6.0 together and replace my 4.8 with it. It won't happen quickly by any stretch of the imagination, but I gotta start somewhere.

That should be really a nice upgrade to the 4.8. I'm currently doing a "budget" 5.7 build this winter. Gonna bore out a 5.3 iron block to a 5.7 specs and install an LS6 rotating assembly, 228/230 cam, ported 5.3 heads TBSS manifold etc... Gathering parts for everything now lol...

If you end up passing or not using that 6.0 block let me know. I might buy it as a spare block for the Camaro.

Mike

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Grab it! You'll regret not having gotten one sooner. If you need any help PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crow