Main Bearing Failure with 6.2L at 3,200 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen earlier this week. Dealer called to let me know Catastrophic Engine failure. Waiting on an engine from GM, not able to order any so they are checking daily. Has anyone had Lemon Law work for them after their states statute on days?
Sister in Law had a Ford Focus, after the 4th or 5th transmission rebuild/replace in a couple years she did file and receive a full repayment for that POS, bought a new Kia Sonata. Are you in a loaner while waiting?

lakecowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sister in Law had a Ford Focus, after the 4th or 5th transmission rebuild/replace in a couple years she did file and receive a full repayment for that POS, bought a new Kia Sonata. Are you in a loaner while waiting?
I get a loaner next week

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the Lemon Law in your state as to how much down time qualifies (Google search). There should also be Lemon Law attorneys and most will get paid as part of the settlement. If you let them fix it and keep it I would ask for an extension on my engine warranty as several on here have been able to accomplish through GM customer service. There are a lot of success stories on this forum for owners using the Lemon Law. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsanders