Max Speed Thread (Need proof)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Ive topped out the tahoe comming home from the shore at 3am. Not one person was on the parkway. The caddy on the other hand has seen 130+ haha dont tell my dad. No pics though haha. Id be kicked in the face if my dad found them haha

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like mine is slow now. Maxed out at 100mph (ONE TIME-never tried again since) then gov kicked in (really didnt know what it was at first. kinda scared me) coming home from work on a 75mph limit highway by MYSELF.
Back before I got my 24's but I wouldnt even try going over like 90 with my wheels on.... no purpose for it in my area. plus cops arent really heavy in the area but they arent light either so..... yea 100mph and my speedometer stops at 100mph

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoL if you do 90 down a Texas 70MPH freeway you ost likely would bepulled over within 15 minutes, especially in my area.

Speed limit out HERE in west Texas is *80* (daytime)... fastest interstate speed limit in the United States.

80-75mph is normal in that zone... strangely you don;t really find people running +10 out there, becuse 80-83 is fast enough. I hardly run more than 5 over anymore. I don;t save enough time generally to make it worth the extra concentration and staying on 'edge' for hours on end.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

btw ive went 191 in a fd(last generation rx7) and 183 in a 1st gen eclipse. i just didnt have a camera and was younger at the time. i cherish my life a little more now.

183 on the speedo?
Cause when I ran the numbers (rpm x 5th x gear ratio x tire OD) my '185' in my bone stock 2g turned out to be a much less impressive, gear limited 168 mph. Shep's hitting the gearing limit in a 1g at 174 in the quarter.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
nooo he's talking mph:

[yt]aTJj-YaMdsk[/yt]

I'd be scared shitless doing 150+ in a dsm with stock driveline :eek:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I think he was talking about the maximum attainable speed in that body style talon in relation to the speed sam was doing when he could have died. Tire height and transmission final drives would come into play but I think shepherd is still running the stock gearing with a slightly taller first iirc. Regardless of how much power it makes 180 in a dsm is sketchy as hell :imo:

I don't take mine over 55MPH. Life is more fun in the slow lanes.

55 in first gear maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty