Max Speed Thread (Need proof)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nooo he's talking mph:

I'd be scared shitless doing 150+ in a dsm with stock driveline :eek:

why? Not any different than doing it in a camaro supra corvette etc. I always threw up after no matter waht I was in. :)

They copied the front suspension design for the g35 g37 and Skyline, and it is a damn clean design aerodynamically. The Eclipse doesn;t lift at 150+ ( the talon does go nose light in my experience).

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank God I don't have to hop on that highway, I did used to have to take 395 though, and that was a beast!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
why? Not any different than doing it in a camaro supra corvette etc. I always threw up after no matter waht I was in. :)

They copied the front suspension design for the g35 g37 and Skyline, and it is a damn clean design aerodynamically. The Eclipse doesn;t lift at 150+ ( the talon does go nose light in my experience).

I did 160 in a slammed 2g that was quite stable, just didn't like driving over 140 in any first gen. Fastest I've comfortable gone were in vehicles equipped with lots of airbags, like it matters at 170+ when the dotted line becomes solid.

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
183 on the speedo?
Cause when I ran the numbers (rpm x 5th x gear ratio x tire OD) my '185' in my bone stock 2g turned out to be a much less impressive, gear limited 168 mph. Shep's hitting the gearing limit in a 1g at 174 in the quarter.

huh maybe it was slower then but this dude did have a shep trans. not the dog box but just a built shep trans. he bought it from my neighbor who has a gsx that busted a 10.80 on street tires so id say it was legit but i guess it could be wrong.

and no the car wasnt unstable i just really dislike dsms after a friend got killed in one and my old one supposebly had a blow head gasket and 3k dollars later it had a whole new motor, so i bash them whenever possible haha.

but seriously that was a horrible mistake not being on a closed course and i will never do anything like that again.

and i can say the fd was legit because it was radared. he went to some sort of max speed come and topped it out at 215. and im talking miles per hour.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SYMBA_TOP_SPEED.gif

In reverse..:Handshake:

Goin to Tucson tomorrow. There's a nice stretch of smooth,straight road on the way. Gonna open it up and see how fast I can take her right now that I have the spare 18's on it..

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Route 1 in rush hour....nuff said :imo:

Actually it is really half off 55MPH if I am lucky!! :emotions122:

OMG you have all that preformance stuff and you never go 55 mph??? People here do 55 and it annoys the shit out of me. I like to do 70 with the trailer (stupid, but im in a hurry) and 85 un hitched. I also keep my radar detector locked and loaded even though their illegal here.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

lol so when you go WOT in the tahoe to pass somebody you gotta lean out the window and give them a present as well!!! hahahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty