Might have to sell...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling the escalade and sierra? You forgot the whole reason most people buy them when you own a business...the full price tax right off the first year. :hands:

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a job... Even though my dad owned his own business his whole life I still had to fill gas in my tank on my own... Starting working retail at 15...

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We dont buy these vehicles for gas mileage. We get them for utility, lookng good driving them, the options, modifying them, resale value, and buyi g american.
1. Change the way u drive to maximize mpg- i get 17 city and 22 hwy in my denali
2. Change how much u drive
3. Any $$ you lose bc of trade or sale wont be recouped so i say just suck it up and keep tha hoe
4. Get a job if u dont have one
5. Ask the girlfriend for gas $$ instead of sex- or have sex then get some $ from her then u are the hoe driving a hoe
6. I can do this only bw my red wings game

ICON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pushing to over $3 a gallon in the summer?! Geeze I can't remember the last time when it was under that. Were at like $3.38 a gallon right now. The shifty thing is, the shell refinery is 35 minutes away and BP is 20. Funny how that works huh? Consider yourself lucky.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad was given the Sierra. No complaints there. But, I have been trying to get a job for quite a while, it's just the employers always pick someone else over me. Maybe they don't think I need one since I roll up in a new Tahoe.

In any case, my dad thinks I should do this. I'd end up with a 2010/2011 Camaro with a brand new warranty, have all the features I want, and still have anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 leftover from selling my truck.

What's funny is, my mom is always pushing me to pay for my own gas. So that's why I'm encouraged to sell it, because it'll get harder once gas goes even higher. BUT, now she's saying that if I don't get the Camaro, she will pay for my gas. I don't mind that, but she's not gonna be there to do it forever - and what if gas is really expensive when I'm on my own?

I don't know...it seems sensible to have a brand new car that's better on gas, with new warranty, and then have a tonnn of money left over for savings. But then again I REALLY love my truck.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd work out a deal with your parents to split gas costs.

That way you at least bear some of the weight of the gas, so when you work you can realize oh hey I have to work 10 hours to fill my tank

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that's what we're supposed to do when I get a job. Mom says I shouldn't get a job this summer because I have 3 vacations planned, they wouldn't be happy about me asking off that many times. Which is understandable, but I'm so ready to work for my own things and have some money!

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here this. Here's a crappy picture of the chrome trim I purchased from you :High 5:

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 39

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's what we're supposed to do when I get a job. Mom says I shouldn't get a job this summer because I have 3 vacations planned, they wouldn't be happy about me asking off that many times. Which is understandable, but I'm so ready to work for my own things and have some money!

Zach -- Sounds like you need to prioritize some. No job, but three vacations planned? Maybe you should get a job IN LIEU of the vacations, you know? Or, maybe you take one (two, even) vacations instead of three.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
Just work for your dad maintaining the estates and subdivisions he owns. That should get you ample gas money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx