MOOG 81246 Front Coil Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows if the MOOG 81246 are the Z71 front coil springs, that in a way, match the MOOG 81069 springs in the rear? I have the 81069's and wish to complete the setup. The rear has added an extra inch of rake, so before I do a level, I want consistency in the geometry of the suspension hoping the front raises too because of a HD compression rate. I have a 2007 Tahoe LT. Any other viable options are in play also. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
P

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Prometheus_Lens Looking at Moogs website I am under the impression that the 81244 springs are the comparable version for the front. That is why I am running 81244 springs in the front.
The MOOG website shows Silverado 1500. Pardon my ignorance, but is the Silverado front suspension setup the same as the 2011 Tahoe?? If so… sweer!!

OP
OP
P

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet. Ordered them and they should be here tomorrow. I am just wondering now, with that front setup… and possibly adding a lower strut 2” spacer, if I will need UCA’s due to the 3” total lift on the front geometry.

Thoughts?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Prometheus_Lens I would install the spring and run it to see how far it lifts it first but yes you'll need some upper control arms and maybe a diff drop if you add additional lift but honestly the upper control arms don't solve geometry they only solve clearance and the ride will degrade the more off center the lower control arm is.

OP
OP
P

Prometheus_Lens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are also these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D3HC3L1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Wait, those probably won't work with the GMT900, unless the front suspension is compatible.

Here are the GMT900 versions: https://www.amazon.com/Spindles-Ext...ty+Suspension+Advantage&qid=1726145808&sr=8-3
I dont know if I want to go this route and combine the two (as one comment on amazon read). If I do add a lower spacer, I might go simple and get a front diff drop bracket for axle angles.

Unless I just use these spindles as the lift mechanism. Have you heard of ppl just using the lift spindles for leveling? And is there any safety items to consider?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369