Muffler time for the suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, all me or my family has ever run is SLP and Borla, so I have no insite into other brands.

The suburban if I recall correctly is 3" in and out, I am not sure the current length. I want low cost, good sound but not crazy since this is the road trip vehicle. I will most likely run teh stock tailpipe also versus dumping it since it may drone...I can always cut it and add a 90 later.

So I was starting to look at Magnaflow and Flow master. So I'd like to hear from you guys on prefferences. Let me know!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the magnaflow 12589 in my burb and love it. We also use it for road trips and as our primary family vehicle. Nice sound and almost no drone. The flowmaster 50 series is also a good choice to accomplish this :)

sopethree

Reaction score
i had flowmaster 50 on my hoe and it was loud what i had my foot in it but quiet when i was cruzin

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yall have your exhaust dumped or does it exit at the rear of the vehicle. I am interested in this thread as well.

BluHoe96

Reaction score
Welded in a 2 into 1 Maganaflow with all stock piping and truck got a little throatier, but not that loud for long trips or when family is in the truck. Best description I could think of is it sounds like a stock 6.0L truck. Throaty but not obnoxiously loud.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Bowtie... don't know if my $0.02 is too late or not, but several years ago I ran a 2.25" DI/DO (rear exit) DeltaFlow 50/SUV setup. It had a nice rumble at idle, was mellow (with a little drone) at cruise, and would really bark at WOT.

I've since switched to Magnaflow cat-back (2.5" DI / 3.5" SO) and prefer it to the DeltaFlow due to it being a bit quieter at cruise (no drone) and having a straight through design (better flow).

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a magnaflow on my yukon. hated it. sounded more like a sports ar and not a mean grumbly old badass machine! thats why i changed to a suv 50 flowmaster! i love that thing. sounds amazing. at 70 down the highway its loud but you hear it.

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
I have dual super 10 Flowmasters with turn downs. It was loud at first but once I broke them in a little it became quietish while cruising but a nice throaty growl on acceleration. However from outside the vehicle up close the turn downs make them sound like they're coughing. I may run a tailpipe out the back to help with this. There are some on youtube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925