My New Look: A complete exterior makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to update this thread! I ordered the kit from Norcal in July and finally got around to installing it last weekend. This truck kicked my ass during the process it took me 10hrs, new Ball joints, wheel bearings & alot of trimming of the plastic in the rear but it's finally complete!

It's the belltech 2/4 from Norcal with the belltech shocks and rear air bags

Ride height

Before

LF - 36.85
RF - 36.75
LR - 38.0
RR - 38.0

After

LF - 35.0
RF - 35.0
LR - 35.50
RR- 35.50

I will say It looks good, it's growing on me although a few of my friends are giving me a hard time about it being lowered saying instead of driving a SUV/Truck I now am driving a "fancy station wagon" lol I took all the measurements on the alignment rack and controlled / changed them as I felt necessary. The actual after results were lower but the ride quality was not what I wanted it to be for a DD, the rear bags were aired up and the front keys raised to get the ride height level and off the bump stops in the rear. The ride quality is pretty good but at times the rear seems a little bouncy but I haven't driven it alot probably 50 miles since lowering it so we will see if it improves as things go on.

My plan is to remove the roof rack but I cannot seem to pull the trigger on the running boards I think they look just right and go with the dark ass windows on the side but thats just me!

Last edited:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
That looks great! Definitely a better look for ya. How do ya like the ride w/ the drop so far?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great! Definitely a better look for ya. How do ya like the ride w/ the drop so far?

The ride is something to get use to. I'm sure the 26s don't help it much anymore but you can tell it's lowered and at times the rear seems bouncy like I have bad shocks in the rear but that could be because of the air in the bags. on a scale of 1-10 I give the ride quality a 7! I was hoping it rode more like a tbss.

Looks muchhhh better. New sig pic time!

Thanks! lol yes.... I have some work to do.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
The ride is something to get use to. I'm sure the 26s don't help it much anymore but you can tell it's lowered and at times the rear seems bouncy like I have bad shocks in the rear but that could be because of the air in the bags. on a scale of 1-10 I give the ride quality a 7! I was hoping it rode more like a tbss.

Thanks!

did you put the new shorter bumpstops in? you could try the free travel mod as well. guess it depends if you have weight back there or passengers alot.

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you put the new shorter bumpstops in? you could try the free travel mod as well. guess it depends if you have weight back there or passengers alot.

New bumpstops are in they came supplied with the kit. When I first finished the install I didn't put air in the bags and it completely sat on the bumpstops and rode like shit! I put the air in the bags to keep the ride height controlled and off the bumpstops which could be the reason why it feels bouncy. I am not sure of the pressure but I am going to guess it's in the 10-15lb range.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! I love the look of a burb dropped. Have you done any towing yet with the kit? I am looking at dropping mine but I wasn't sure how it would work with my camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper