My new to me Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust is done.. Flowmaster Shorty Headers, A little better flowing Converters, FullBoar Big Body Muffler and 4" Tips.

14186916644_a20d341dec_c.jpg

14186872345_b52a1a9b24_b.jpg

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need some wheels, chrome looks fantastic on that color blue. Check out some of the other member rides. Good start, sounds like your wallet is much lighter since your purchase.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need some wheels, chrome looks fantastic on that color blue. Check out some of the other member rides. Good start, sounds like your wallet is much lighter since your purchase.

Yep, it's been a lot of upfront cost. But there is no car payment :peace:

I've been debating about eventually going to polished wheels. For a while I primarily liked black wheels but polished do look better on this color. I need to get all of the bugs worked out before I go with new wheels / tires.

I really like these:

71sLTlHycfL._SL1500_.jpg

I would say : "Price is forgotten, quality stays".

One shop is insisting that I have the 4L65E, how do I tell? Is there a glove box code?

It's an '02 - 4x4 - 5.3 Flex Fuel with towing package.

Last edited:

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
I also like the wheels you have pictured, but the ones I was going to put on mine were black with the aluminum accents. Still not sure now of what I'm going to put on though. As for your transmission, there should be an rpo code on your glove box door with that info. And you can find an rpo decoder online to break down what's installed in your vehicle from the factory.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like the wheels you have pictured, but the ones I was going to put on mine were black with the aluminum accents. Still not sure now of what I'm going to put on though. As for your transmission, there should be an rpo code on your glove box door with that info. And you can find an rpo decoder online to break down what's installed in your vehicle from the factory.

Ok, it's a 4L60E.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheels

I prefer OEM GM wheels, they are always true and balance out. GM wheels are hub centric, the mounting point is the center of the wheel hub. If the wheels you buy have a larger hub center you have to purchase concentric rings to place over the hub to center the wheel. Never purchase any that say universal, they universally don't fit anything.

Always plenty of wheels on the forum and the vendors. Craigslist wheels need to be checked for bends before purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035