My Tahoe might be out for the count

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
yea i dont believe his story. i can see my white 2dr from a long away and urs is even more noticable because its like dark blue and it happened in daylight. was it a girl driver?

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
yea i dont believe his story. i can see my white 2dr from a long away and urs is even more noticable because its like dark blue and it happened in daylight. was it a girl driver?

Yea, I call BS on his story too. I'm going to drill it into his insurance's adjusters head when they finally get here, and demand they fix my truck in full.... none of that "we're going to total it, and give you nothing" crap.

A 19 year old male.... I just don't understand why he didn't just fess up to blowin' the stop sign. Let's me know what kind of man he'll grow up to be though.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks, you had a nice clean 2dr too hopefully they don't total it

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Got my truck back from the towing place that picked it up from the scene of the accident. $360...what a ripoff.
I had time to inspect the damage, and this kid definitely hit me in the front corner... I wasn't sure at first 'cause his car was so damn low compared to mine, and I didn't get to see the truck in person till today.
I'm going to push the crap outta' his insurance company to fix my truck back to original... I just refuse to let them total it as this isn't just a stock '99'er.
Still waiting to hear from his ins. co.'s adjuster.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this just breaks mt heart. I really like that truck of yours. I want to cry when I look up teh KBB value of my tahoe....:(

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
kbb is bs for our trucks just idocracy. they say mines worth bestb 3k. dumbasses

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
this just breaks mt heart. I really like that truck of yours. I want to cry when I look up teh KBB value of my tahoe....:(

Thanx man.... and vice-versa.
I don't think insurance companies should be able to go by KBB alone on trucks like ours. They're def. not stockers. They should be required to take into account the full value w/all the work done included.
At the very least, just fix the truck back to it's exact condition prior to any accident damage.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I want to cry when I look up teh KBB value of my tahoe....:(

KBB is crap for specialty/ unique vehicles. . . . wait long enough and watch your 2D become a classic car everyone wishes that had.

Back on topic:

Sorry to hear about your Tahoe, it sure was a gorgeous truck. I'm surprised that such a tin can of a car caused THAT much damage to your Tahoe. Expect to have the insurance company total it out. Like BowTieFreak pointed out, KBB won't value your truck very high and they will more than likely total it. Its up to you to see if you want to buy it back afterward and wrench on a salvage title.

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
We can fix this, my dads a t.v. repair man... Hes got the ultimate set of tools...

LOL...I did this same thing for 13 years before moving into Industrial Production equipment repairs.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

KBB is crap for specialty/ unique vehicles. . . . wait long enough and watch your 2D become a classic car everyone wishes that had.

Back on topic:

Sorry to hear about your Tahoe, it sure was a gorgeous truck. I'm surprised that such a tin can of a car caused THAT much damage to your Tahoe. Expect to have the insurance company total it out. Like BowTieFreak pointed out, KBB won't value your truck very high and they will more than likely total it. Its up to you to see if you want to buy it back afterward and wrench on a salvage title.

Well after inspecting the truck when I got it back @ my house today, I confirmed what I initially thought that this kid actually hit me when he blew the stop sign. I'll be contacting my attorney today, and sure as shit is brown.... I'm going after them to have my truck repaired back to the way it was.
Unfortunately I had basic coverage, but this kid is under his parents policy, and being he's only 19....I'm sure they had him fully covered.
I'm not even going to get into my body damage from the accident, but I gotta start going to a doctor, and see if I can get some MRI's to see why I can't fully move right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52