My Tahoe might be out for the count

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i hate to see that happen to such a good looking truck. glad to hear everyone is ok.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as the frames not screwed up i would make the fix it. don't let insurance screw you over!

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
sorry to hear but if you do end up parting it out i will most likely need stuff. mines out for the count awell cause the drivetrains screwed again:(
Damn... sorry to hear this dude.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

keep us updated if they total it or not. but if they do u plan on gettin another tahoe or yuk???

Hopefully if they total it, it'll be enough to fix it because this is very bad timing for me. I'm still looking for employment.
I'll just have to wait to see what they say, keep my fingers crossed, and like a few have said.... fight w/the insurance company for every $$$.
I'll keep everyone posted when I know more.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
on my drivetrain i spen 1200 and now im gonna have to spend about 2-3k on getting it super good and yea im on the same boat im getting broke and the money pit is getting bigger:( like atomic said good luck

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok well ill be checking for updates good luck to the both of you

Dazrin

Reaction score
Wow, that truly sucks. I hope things work out for you in getting it fixed.

Your truck is an inspiration for me since I have the same (at least very similar) 2-tone coloration. Mine just doesn't look nearly as nice.

Do you just have a 3" body lift, a little crank, and a little trimming to fit the 35s? I don't see a suspension lift.

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Wow, that truly sucks. I hope things work out for you in getting it fixed.

Your truck is an inspiration for me since I have the same (at least very similar) 2-tone coloration. Mine just doesn't look nearly as nice.

Do you just have a 3" body lift, a little crank, and a little trimming to fit the 35s? I don't see a suspension lift.

Unfortunately I wish I had more info on the lift. The guy who had it before had done it. I can see the body lift blocks, and where the keys are located, but I'm really not sure about it.
The guy also had 35's on it before me, but they were bald as Capt. Picard on the inner, and outer treads, which I think he did to keep 'em from rubbing.
I bought the Goodyears, and had the installers trim the front bumper, and backing plastic piece so they wouldn't rub.
I wish I could tell ya' more man.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

damn, stupid kid. Glad your ok. Poor truck :(

He said he didn't see me....WTF!!! How do you not see a lifted 2ton Blue truck with it's running lights on on a clear lit day???
Honestly I don't think he ever stopped, or looked, cause he came outta' that service road real quick. I'm almost positive he blew through the stop sign.

I posted up a few more pic's in my album where the back of his car hit the back passenger side of my truck, and pic's of what the engine bay looks like now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100