My Train horn Vs factory horn!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wrap is sticky, and it is applied to a clean surface. As long as your paint is in good shape and the clear coat is solid, the wrap will stick right to it. The clear coat allows the wrap to be removed at a later date without damaging anything. If you don't have a good clear coat, then the wrap will damage your paint and won't stick very well.

It doesn't scratch at all. It's kinda like those clear car bras that are applied. It protects the surface. The wrap is just like all the work trucks and logo'd cars you see in your town, mine just has no logos yet. I wanted the flat black for a while. And yes, it washes just like normal, I just can't use wax, because mines a Matte finish.

Just make sure that you hire a qualified person to install it for you. Also, the matte finish absorbs oils from your hands, so I clean mine with a 70% alcohol to remove the oils. I wash mine every weekend, or every other weekend, but if it's dirty here and there, i can wipe it off with a wet towel, a gas station squeegee, or anything else and it doesn't ever scratch or damage.

Hope that helps

Since ur going on about the wrap and im a dummy...

How does it hold up? Scratches etc?
Are you able to wash it just like any other veh?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine in Michigan had never heard of a train horn on a truck, so he asked me to send him a video. I thought you guys would appreciate it as well.. So here's the link. It's pretty damn loud! Thanks for looking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HllYIra2TcY

-R

To the people in the video (unclear if it's the OP or not):

Grow up.

When someone dies of a heart attack because you think it's funny to scare the shit out of people, or you blow someone's ear drum out, I hope the cops and courts make an example of you.

We all have our toys, but using them to laugh at other people's expense is only funny if you have the mindset of an eight year old.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently I can't PM yet because I'm new, but others may find this useful..

Bill,
I had priced a number of companies in my area and I was getting prices for each of my trucks. Most people were $2500-4000. My guy is a firefighter who has been wrapping cars and boats for 10 years. He has wrapped boats for the factories forever and he wraps all over the country. My Denali cost me $1800. My old SLT cost me $1200 when I had it done. The wrap itself is made by 3M and is the only one my guy will use now. There are many other wrap manufacturers, but 3M is much much better. I have one of my vans wrapped in some other companies flat black, it doesn't stick as well, a few bubbles, and the flat black is not as clean a black. You can have just about any color you can imagine. From brushed steel, aluminum, chrome, etc.. You can two-tone, or he can print anything in it as well, if you want graphics. What part of the world are you in?

I am in upstate NY, Albany to be exact. Thanks for all the info. I have been seriously considering getting a matte black or matte white wrap for mine. Probably white and keep my chrome. If I went black I would go all out and de-chrome. I just need to find someone around here decent and decently priced.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Question, how does it hold up against salt from salting the roads

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Maybe I was a bit harsh. I really don't give a rat's you know what if you have a train horn. Driving up to people on the sidewalk and lettin' it rip, laughing like little school girls, and posting it on Youtube, THAT I have a problem with. That's being an *******, straight-up, and it really could do someone harm, especially from ten feet away.

If you don't see anything wrong with that, it probably doesn't matter what I think.

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe I was a bit harsh. I really don't give a rat's you know what if you have a train horn. Driving up to people on the sidewalk and lettin' it rip, laughing like little school girls, and posting it on Youtube, THAT I have a problem with. That's being an *******, straight-up, and it really could do someone harm, especially from ten feet away.

If you don't see anything wrong with that, it probably doesn't matter what I think.

That was extremely harsh... Did my video involve scaring the **** out of people from 10ft away. No, it was me sending a video to my buddy who had never heard of it. Thanks for the concern.

I agree that the children driving by the mall and scaring people is "Rainman-ish"

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Question, how does it hold up against salt from salting the roads

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Georgia, so not much worry about that. If that is a big concern, then I would be careful where you mount the compressor, and make sure its sealed and has an external, filtered, remote air intake. That way you can locate the air intake inside the cabin of your truck so the compressor is receiving fresh dry air.

-R

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
That was extremely harsh... Did my video involve scaring the **** out of people from 10ft away. No, it was me sending a video to my buddy who had never heard of it. Thanks for the concern.

I agree that the children driving by the mall and scaring people is "Rainman-ish"

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I live in Georgia, so not much worry about that. If that is a big concern, then I would be careful where you mount the compressor, and make sure its sealed and has an external, filtered, remote air intake. That way you can locate the air intake inside the cabin of your truck so the compressor is receiving fresh dry air.

-R

Alright, I'll man up here. Somehow the video I saw the first time was one of those "Train Horn Prank" videos, something I thought you were all proud of. Not sure how I got there and not your video in your link, but I did, and that's what I was commenting on.

So, sorry bro. My bad, and your video was definitely NOT what I was referring to in my rants.

I was being a tool for no apparent reason to you guys, and now I understand why you'd think that. :Handshake:

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, I'll man up here. Somehow the video I saw the first time was one of those "Train Horn Prank" videos, something I thought you were all proud of. Not sure how I got there and not your video in your link, but I did, and that's what I was commenting on.

So, sorry bro. My bad, and your video was definitely NOT what I was referring to in my rants.

I was being a tool for no apparent reason to you guys, and now I understand why you'd think that. :Handshake:

Word!!:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrettman