Mystery Wire in Ex-Police Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
I was going to say a fuel prime wire but that is to damn long so I will say it may be a power wire or auxiliary wire that travel to the back for battery charging or brake controller on trailer connection. Almost positive it is a power supply wire for trailer connector.

I looked under the vehicle and sure enough it looks like it goes into the harness shroud going to the rear of the vehicle. I bet its for the Light bar that was on the roof.

ryanm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pinkish-red with dark stripe?
Was in a 2011 Suburban a few weeks ago that had the same thing. One went underneath the steering column to power an aftermarket trailer brake controller. The other went to the extra pin on the 7-way trailer connector.

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
Pinkish-red with dark stripe?
Was in a 2011 Suburban a few weeks ago that had the same thing. One went underneath the steering column to power an aftermarket trailer brake controller. The other went to the extra pin on the 7-way trailer connector.

Thats it. So I'll need to hoot it up to be able to use the hitch plug in the back?

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wire in the photo is for your trailer harness . the wire between the fender and the fuse box is for you brake controller. there are two studs on the front of the fuse box and that's were they go.

ryanm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats it. So I'll need to hoot it up to be able to use the hitch plug in the back?

Only if you need the spare +12v to your trailer. For a battery charger or other interesting accessories. Not normally used unless you've added something to your trailer.

OP
OP
B

billyblue

Reaction score
the wire in the photo is for your trailer harness . the wire between the fender and the fuse box is for you brake controller. there are two studs on the front of the fuse box and that's were they go.

I've confirmed this is the correct answer. Thank you

jaybone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same truck... Its not for a trailer... PPV's are not trailer rated by any means... (2007+).. If you take off the drivers side trunk trim.. Thats what it feeds.. There are 2 aux leads in there for other optional police equipment.. Lights, Battery chargers, rear mounted computers, ect....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate