Nav-TV, Gen6 Lockpick, GMX-550 Lockpick??

Which VIM/NIM Unit is best?

• Lockpick GMX-550

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Lockpick Gen6

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Nav-Tv Barracuda

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanls1

Reaction score
Ok guys i have read a bunch of bad reviews on the gmx-550 but i cant tell if for the most part they are good units or if its just a toss up as to if you get a good unit or bad. I havent read much on people liking or disliking the nav-tv unit, but i love how the user controls it with the mirror switches. And the Gen6 seems to be a well liked product. So i have to ask which one should i get?? Im really stuck here and could use some input. I want the 550 for its ipod video control but not if its going to crap out on me in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the gen 6, bought used on ebay $100 shipped, no complaints, works for what I purchased it for - inputting nav while in motion

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the gmx550. My only complaint is the Ipod functionality or lackthereof sometimes. It is a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't enable and I have to unhook the Ipod and connect again. Its a pain because it sits in my center console. Having to press the mujte button 4 times everytime i get into the car to enable Ipod sucks. Sound quality is a not fantastic either. Certain recordings can have static or distortion...not sure why. Otherwise I really like the unit and wouldn't be without it. Hopefully an update might fix some issues?? I won't hold my breathe :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colton