NBS Troubleshooting Issue : Anyone had experience with this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2kwik4u

Reaction score
Mine has done that a few times (Assuming you have the AutoTrac as well). Typically in VERY VERY wet or snowy conditions. It typically shows when I would either had the T-Case under water, encased in snow, or driven through a VERY large puddle at speed. It's also accompanied by a "Service 4WD" message in the information display. Usually within a few days it goes back to normal once "dried out". I have read that there is a connector on the side of the T-Case that is susceptiple to water intrusion. I don't know for certain though.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...

Last edited:

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
Check your fluid levels, and if you have not changed it, it would be a good time to do it. Also, check the wiring to the actuator, on the transfer case, to make sure it is not corroded, loose or frayed.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've had it happen on both of the '03s that I've owned.
both times, no mechanical diff.

last truck, I put the tc in neutral (procedure in manual), that seemed to clear up the issue and it never happened again. "new" '03 (Z71), I put the tc in 4wd then auto 4wd and back to 2wd and it clear the neutral light, hasn't happened again.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this happen to... Its generally the switch itself.. I un-plugged my switch, and plugged it back in never had a problem since..>

I have buddies who plow snow for a living and keep extra switches with them b/c they are not un-common to go out.

hiles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this on a 03 I owned, it was only in snow/rain, so i didn't bother much about it back then, and no I've sold the car.

Bennie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this problem too. Weird intermittent problem, wouldn't shift in or out of 4WD when it happened, service 4WD light on dash. It was my switch. They are only about $35 from rockauto but I pulled mine out cracked it open and resoldered the headed on the circuit board. Never had another problem.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deleted

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Reaction score
I assume you guys are referring to the 'switch' located behind the dash panel? If so, why would rainy/wet conditions be a factor?

I think the rainy/wet condition problem, and the switch problem are different issues. Both CAN happen, but not necessarily at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel