need helper bags for a 97 2dr with a flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements, I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember. I am running 255-35-20 in the front and 265-35-22 in the rear on Coy's C-57's. I have stock shackles, although I think it might actually sit a bit higher in the back right now so if I raise the back any I might have to adjust the front. I have Belltech SS shocks on the back so I don't really want to switch to air shocks as all the ones I have run in the past ride really stiff. This picture better depicts the stance:

Oh and debadging is soon, I'm praying for good paint under those moldings that have been stuck there too long!]

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Yea with the 22s in the rear i guess it does sit up higher at this angle. How far is your quarter panel edge to the tire/rim? maybe a spacer and rolling the fneders is your best bet. Unless you can "massage" the metal where its rubbing with a BFH...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great man. I figured you had a staggered set from the stance and how much is tucking in the back. Now its more noticeable with the side view.
I like Coys wheels, they look great.
What air shocks have you used that were stiff?
You could always add some helper bags if need be. I'm not a fan of air shocks. At least when I air mine out it rides normal, with them aired up its a little bouncey and quite annoying to be honest. I'm going to keep them in case I need to haul or tow. I need to invest in some quality shocks.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really don't remember what air shocks I used, they were on a SS El Camino I had a long time ago. I just remember them being real bouncy and stiff, but I could pull about anything I needed! I might play around with spacing the wheel and working the fenders a bit. I read somewhere that someone massaged the buttwelded part of the wheel well panels. I am also considering ordering some lift shackels and 1" spring spacers for the front and playing around with those to see what that does. It's all part of the fun, being I bought it lowered I have to play with it some to at least say I contributed to how it looks!

malibulx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wetvette I saw that Tahoe for sale last year or year before. Great looking Tahoe. Mine came with helpers when I bought it. I believe mine is also a 5/7 drop. I tow a 21' boat just fine. I like the looks of mine aired up all the way. I may need to raise mine an inch in the rear. I bought mine in Tulsa Ok.

malibulx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are also pics of my tahoe in my album.

Attachments

• IMAG0001[1]_1_1.jpg
    IMAG0001[1]_1_1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0003[1]_1_1.jpg
    IMAG0003[1]_1_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 25

malibulx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Atomic it rides very good especially considering it is lowered and short wheelbase. As far as the sway bars go it corners great and is fun to drive. 20x8.5 centerlines with 255/35's, red LESs throughout the interior, white LED map lights, dual color LED turn/park lights, home made rear hitch (tried to get it as close to rollpan as pos.), bell tech sway bars, smooth rear glass.