Need some Exhaust help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a getting a little tired of my Cherry Bomb Extreme and want to change it up a little. Since I have a little extra change right now, I wouldn't mind building a true-dual exhaust. I do have some questions though...

Heres what Im planning-

Bassically do a "Cat-Back" System by cutting the pipes before they form into one. After that I was going to run new 3" Pipes into a Universal X-Pipe from Jegs. Coming out of the X-Pipe, have 3" pipe continued into the Mufflers (Flowmaster Super 44's), and then into dual pipes out.

Also, Will the X-Pipe make a difference in sound? I have heard different opinions on this...

I understand that I need back pressure. However, I can't seem to find very many mufflers that are 3" In-2.5" SINGLE Out. Any clues or someone who makes something like this?

Anyway, Let me know what you guys think. For some reason, when I call shops around here, they tell me it's not possible because of the gas tank? The Gas tank is on the opposite side of the truck?

Im gonna keep calling around and see what kinds of quotes I get if I supply the parts.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should keep the single outlet and use a muffler without baffles (borla/magnaflow for ex.)

Your truck has a 5.3 or 4.8?

I dont see an engine with a 5.3 or 4.8 benifiting in performance with tru dual exhaust IMO

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should keep the single outlet and use a muffler without baffles (borla/magnaflow for ex.)

Your truck has a 5.3 or 4.8?

I dont see an engine with a 5.3 or 4.8 benifiting in performance with tru dual exhaust IMO

5.3, Not really going for the performance stand point, but more less the sound. I have a friend with a Silvy who is just running True Duals and it sounds great.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe not performance, but true dual will hurt your wallet and can kill your low end...want deep loud, get a 2 chamber 40 series on there and dump it right after the muffler...that'll do it :D

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe not performance, but true dual will hurt your wallet and can kill your low end...want deep loud, get a 2 chamber 40 series on there and dump it right after the muffler...that'll do it :D

Deep, and loud! Thats it...! However, Here in NC, muffler shops will not dump the exhaust. They say because its a SUV, the law prohibits them because of exhaust gases getting in the cargo area, and not escaping.

So, I guess I am gonna have to get tips to. Any ideas on these? I though about tucking them so you can barely see them turn down...

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you all have sniffer test each year?

?? No, Just the general check over the exhaust compenents, Suspension, Safety guidelines, wheels, ECT...

No sniffer test..Unless your talking about the emssions test where they check Smog, Oxygen levels...ECT.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
?? No, Just the general check over the exhaust compenents, Suspension, Safety guidelines, wheels, ECT...

No sniffer test..Unless your talking about the emssions test where they check Smog, Oxygen levels...ECT.

I think that's what he's talking about....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx