New 2015 Denali Ordered - Help with some specifics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Diehard FORD guy here. Can't believe I actually bought a GM product but the wife needed a large vehicle and our 2013 Ford Explorer was a complete piece of junk.

Ordered a 2015 Denali Shorty -
MSRP $71,280
Paid $63,995 (Minus $500 Farm Bureau = $63,495) + $175 DOC Fee.

I emailed about 50 dealers in the GA/FL area and found anything from over MSRP, MSRP, to the price I paid. Most dealers were about $2500 off MSRP. I was thrilled with the price I paid. I was told 8 weeks, however, I am a FORD RAPTOR guy so I know all about the allocation issues, lengthy waits, etc.

Here is my question -

I know when I ordered my Fords, I received a DORA. What do I need to ask for with this GM order? I am dealing with an out of town dealer, so there isn't any way for me to go and sit down face to face and actually get them to print out all of my order/build sheets, etc. I'm at the mercy of calling and depending on the salesman to fax/email me what I ask for. This is a high volume dealer and doesn't appear that they made over $300 or so off my order, so I can't imagine they are going to put me at a top priority.

Help me out with what I need to ask for and what to do to stay on top of this!

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call and get the six digit order number.

Will do. I had kind of gathered that looking through all of the posts on here but I wasn't for sure that was all I needed.

Thanks!

sal214

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow. Amazing price. I paid much more. My dealer was very responsive and sent me what the called a Build Sheet which was a printout of the order and options off of a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishTR

Reaction score
Yea my dealers keep trying to get me in to place an order... I'm like I don't buy till I see it in person so stop bothering. You dont have it in stock/on floor yet no point. Especially this being the 1st model year with all these changes.

Currently own a 2008 Denali XL and the biggest thing that pisses me off about it, is the quality of it. I love the size and power (after BBTune) but the interior quality is complete shit, the dealer was stunned when I told them that to their faces.

As they tried to say well we made changes etc etc, I said I'll be the judge of that once you get one on the floor, then we'll talk.

Good luck with your purchase, when did they say you should take delivery?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Amazing price. I paid much more. My dealer was very responsive and sent me what the called a Build Sheet which was a printout of the order and options off of a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I received that as well. I don't guess they were as bad as I thought - Just a little hard to communicate with. I called and a short time later he faxed it to me with my color, option codes, etc. Then I requested something on a company letterhead with that pricing on it - as the only other place I had the price was in email correspondence. Once they sent me something with the price on it, I gave them a ccard for a deposit.

I guess the bottom line is I feel like I bought it so cheap that they won't ever complete the deal. But - I didn't set the price. I emailed them for a price and that is what they came back to me at. I didn't try to get them any lower - I just agreed upon their first price.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Yea my dealers keep trying to get me in to place an order... I'm like I don't buy till I see it in person so stop bothering. You dont have it in stock/on floor yet no point. Especially this being the 1st model year with all these changes.

Currently own a 2008 Denali XL and the biggest thing that pisses me off about it, is the quality of it. I love the size and power (after BBTune) but the interior quality is complete shit, the dealer was stunned when I told them that to their faces.

As they tried to say well we made changes etc etc, I said I'll be the judge of that once you get one on the floor, then we'll talk.

Good luck with your purchase, when did they say you should take delivery?

Said they had an allocation and approx 8 weeks. I'm holding my breath...

Last edited:

DetTigers

Reaction score
Yeah I received that as well. I don't guess they were as bad as I thought - Just a little hard to communicate with. I called and a short time later he faxed it to me with my color, option codes, etc. Then I requested something on a company letterhead with that pricing on it - as the only other place I had the price was in email correspondence. Once they sent me something with the price on it, I gave them a ccard for a deposit.

I guess the bottom line is I feel like I bought it so cheap that they won't ever complete the deal. But - I didn't set the price. I emailed them for a price and that is what they came back to me at. I didn't try to get them any lower - I just agreed upon their first price.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Said they had an allocation and approx 8 weeks. I'm holding my breath...

Laura GMC??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap