New 2024 Yukon - long term rust prevention and rubber conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If they are required to recycle a portion of the water used. It's in that. Salt doesn't settle out like sand or other solids. You then get recycled rinse water blown up under your vehicle that most likely has dissolved salt and other corrosive road chemicals in it.
Never thought about that. Really good point.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd be curuis what they use. Maybe it's similar to the old zeebart formula that sticks around forever and never really dries out.
Daughters Escape was ziebarted. They sprayed the outside of the frame with the black coating, not the inside. Drilled holes for plugs in the body cavities but DID NOT spray the oil product into the holes above the rear wheel wells. Once rust started I figured it out and sprayed Fluid Film in there which stopped the rust but the damage was done. I think the best rust proofing at the moment with the corrosion protection the factory already does (maybe) is Krown Oil.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daughters Escape was ziebarted. They sprayed the outside of the frame with the black coating, not the inside. Drilled holes for plugs in the body cavities but DID NOT spray the oil product into the holes above the rear wheel wells. Once rust started I figured it out and sprayed Fluid Film in there which stopped the rust but the damage was done. I think the best rust proofing at the moment with the corrosion protection the factory already does (maybe) is Krown Oil.
It sounds like they did a half-asser job then. Why put access holes into to not use them? I utilize any access point I can and coat it with fluid film, or equivalent. Seems to work great. Salt and rust never sleep, you really have to try and beat it from the smallest, hardest, spots to reach.

BacDoc

Reaction score
It sounds like they did a half-asser job then. Why put access holes into to not use them? I utilize any access point I can and coat it with fluid film, or equivalent. Seems to work great. Salt and rust never sleep, you really have to try and beat it from the smallest, hardest, spots to reach.
Truer words have never been spoken!
Rust and salt never sleep - Niel Young even made millions of dollars on the topic lol!

If I lived in an area with salt for road maintenance, I would do what the Navy does and heavily coat the underside with a mix of oil/grease for anything exposed to the elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frogman