RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mornings haven’t been too bad being outside to work but yesterday and today the smoke settling into the valley when the wind dies down is absolutely horrendous. Almost toxic. Even the inside of the convention center tonight was smoky and hard to dance. But I’m glad I told the owner I was comfortable to stay and teach tonight as the camaraderie with everyone was good for moral. Plus now that she’s paying me what she pays the other professional instructors to come up and teach makes it worth the time and effort I put into lessons and helped make up for losing some work income today. This was my drive Into town at 6pm to head to Wyatt’s and the view out my front windows. Apocalyptic for sure. Hoping mandatory evacuations don’t hit tomorrow.
although a lake house trip down in Newberry springs with my best friend and the fam was on the books for this week anyways, so I’m gonna head down there tomorrow after working a quick morning detail and probably hang out through the weekend, since I was gonna go for the lake house trip for the weekend anyways. Think it’ll be good to just unplug and get out of the smoke for a few days. Basically had my important paperwork, and my most important possessions packed and ready to go since sunday night, should mandatory evacuations happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 3

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Getting the new axle shaft in wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be which was a nice surprise.
Yea at first glance looking at cv axles they look intimidating . But once you get in there you start to realize it’s super simple and basically the same exact design for basically all vehicles.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
The mornings haven’t been too bad being outside to work but yesterday and today the smoke settling into the valley when the wind dies down is absolutely horrendous. Almost toxic. Even the inside of the convention center tonight was smoky and hard to dance. But I’m glad I told the owner I was comfortable to stay and teach tonight as the camaraderie with everyone was good for moral. Plus now that she’s paying me what she pays the other professional instructors to come up and teach makes it worth the time and effort I put into lessons and helped make up for losing some work income today. This was my drive Into town at 6pm to head to Wyatt’s and the view out my front windows. Apocalyptic for sure. Hoping mandatory evacuations don’t hit tomorrow.
although a lake house trip down in Newberry springs with my best friend and the fam was on the books for this week anyways, so I’m gonna head down there tomorrow after working a quick morning detail and probably hang out through the weekend, since I was gonna go for the lake house trip for the weekend anyways. Think it’ll be good to just unplug and get out of the smoke for a few days. Basically had my important paperwork, and my most important possessions packed and ready to go since sunday night, should mandatory evacuations happen.
Looks like Alaska back in 2019.be safe

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been a stressful couple of days with the fire, touch and go but the winds died down today and the temps have dropped quite a bit. Latest yodate from CalFire this afternoon looks good for getting it more under control through the night. They lifted the evacuation warnings for the east end of the valley where my house is this afternoon. Got down to the lake house yesterday afternoon about 4pm. It’s been nice to unplug. There’s a Ski-****** tow boat, 2 sit down jet skis, a stand up ski, and lots of friends. Including my best friends brother and his wife who I go to visit in Utah. The minute I got pulled in yesterday she practically yanked me out of the Denali and hugged me tight. I was so glad to see them. Will post some shots from the water tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized the censor blocked out the word S A N G E R……. In my last reply As the brand of boat….. really?!?! What’s offensive about that?! I love the forum but seriously this censor thing is just pathetic…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vengfullion

Latest posts