New alt and batt. Still have voltage drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
strussy

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No its all back to stock. Gonna try cleaning the t/b cause it was fine before the alt. Now all of a sudden I have a low idle. Now the same prob with new alt. Don't know where to go after that

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

@ blue flame it was doing this prob before the h/o alt.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I just reread your original post - I was thinking you upgraded to the 200amp B/C of the voltage drop...my bad.

This would be a long shot, but is the pulley on the new alt the same size as the pulley on the old alt?

OP
OP
strussy

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cleaned t/b and seem to be fine so far so good .but does anyone know what the proper idle is in park and drive .mine is 800 in park and 600 in drive

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had that problem on my silverado and my burban these throttle bodies are notorious for getting gunked up my silvy i used to clean the tb twice a year just to be safe

yukon702

Reaction score
Do the Big 3. If your amp is all the way in the back of your suv make sure you are using 0 gauge wiring for ground and for power. The further back the amp is away from the battery it creates resistance so if you have 4 gauge your amp could only be receiving way less juice. Thats why you use a big big gauge such as 0. Make sure you get very very good ground connections and in several locations too. Aside from upgrading all the ground connections to 0 gauge, I also made 5 new ground connections from the frame to body. I learned all this the hard way.

Squiddy1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well I've got the stock 145 and I have a nasty drop in volts when I'm doing my front windows at the same time it'll drop me from about 14 to 12 volts and dims my lights. I've got the big three done but something is going on I don't know if it's a ground or what it is but it sucks because I want to install my sound system but I can't because if I do it's going to drop even worse...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well I've got the stock 145 and I have a nasty drop in volts when I'm doing my front windows at the same time it'll drop me from about 14 to 12 volts and dims my lights. I've got the big three done but something is going on I don't know if it's a ground or what it is but it sucks because I want to install my sound system but I can't because if I do it's going to drop even worse...
clean all your grounds and upgrade to a 160amp or better, if the battery is older than 3 years buy a new one.
none of the above members have been seen for years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968