New Arnott magrides are very stiff/bouncy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy anything with a new spring. I like my cush cush 100,000 mile springs. Yes, it's more in labor, but I can't imagine new springs in the front only...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Escalade needs new front struts. I was just about to order Arnotts. Guess not. OEM's are crazy money.
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram of shocks. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer. Your cost for Z95 shocks at this site will be in the neighborhood of $350 each.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy anything with a new spring. I like my cush cush 100,000 mile springs. Yes, it's more in labor, but I can't imagine new springs in the front only...
You are correct in that if you are going to replace the front springs, the rear springs should be changed at the same time. At ~150k miles, replacing the front springs lifted my front end about 1 inch.

Eighthtry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only thing I modified on my 2011 Yukon Denali suspension was upgrade the front sway bar and add a rear heavy sway bar. The factory Magnarides are fantastic. I had them in my 2010 CTS V, my 2011 GMC Yukon XL, and now have them in my 2018 Z06. Best shock in the business. Longest life in the business. Best ride in the business. All three of those cars were made for Magnarides. Don't talk yourself out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkohlhof