New Arnott magrides are very stiff/bouncy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last month I replaced my front magrides with the Arnott MR-4262, the recommended magride for my Yukon XL. I'd seen a lot of positive reviews on these.
Before replacement, vehicle ride was stiff you felt Al the bumps, post replacement, I feel it got worst. The bumps are a little smoother, but it still rides like a stage coach.

I forgot to take a before and after measurement, but the front end is definitely at least an inch higher now.

I replaced the rears, air leveling magrides w/Arnott after a few weeks, didn't make much of a difference.

I talked with Arnott, and their only suggestion was to get the suspension position calibration procedure done. I'm going to bring it for that on Friday, but the dealership already feedback, that they have never had to do this for a shock replacement before.

I'm frustrated with this after spending nearly $2k on new shocks. Really wish I had gone with a delete.

Thoughts?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last month I replaced my front magrides with the Arnott MR-4262, the recommended magride for my Yukon XL. I'd seen a lot of positive reviews on these.
Before replacement, vehicle ride was stiff you felt Al the bumps, post replacement, I feel it got worst. The bumps are a little smoother, but it still rides like a stage coach.

I forgot to take a before and after measurement, but the front end is definitely at least an inch higher now.

I replaced the rears, air leveling magrides w/Arnott after a few weeks, didn't make much of a difference.

I talked with Arnott, and their only suggestion was to get the suspension position calibration procedure done. I'm going to bring it for that on Friday, but the dealership already feedback, that they have never had to do this for a shock replacement before.

I'm frustrated with this after spending nearly $2k on new shocks. Really wish I had gone with a delete.

Thoughts?
What size tires & wheels are you running?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22s with michelin Defender LTX. 285/45/22 (stock)
unless you are getting error messages indicating a problem with the suspension there really isn't much else you can do other than check that the struts are not somehow locked up or something, the ALC trim reset is not likely to make any difference. Those stiff tires don't help either, great for getting lots of miles out of them but those types of tries are a hard tire.
another thing you can check is the airpump, if the relief valve is not working properly the pump will make the rear shocks rock hard and cause a stiff ride as well
maybe while you are having the alc trim reset performed ask the technician to check the pump operation including the relief valve operation.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You stated that you believe that your front end is approximately 1 inch higher after the Arnott installation. Did you replace the springs as well, as just changing the shock itself won't affect truck height. If you did replace the front springs, were they a direct OEM replacement?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You stated that you believe that your front end is approximately 1 inch higher after the Arnott installation. Did you replace the springs as well, as just changing the shock itself won't affect truck height. If you did replace the front springs, were they a direct OEM replacement?
he replaced the whole strut, the "shock" would have only been 1/3rd the cost or maybe 1/2 somewhere around there the struts are almost $500

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hated mine. The springs sagged and Arnott told me that it was normal and within spec.
They were about a month old…

Swapped mine out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bibleman2081