New Esky-like Projector Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shineshop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments fellas… I love the way these things look so far.

I wired them in to see what the LEDs would look like and they aren’t actually blue. They’re more like a 6000K color which will match the HIDs I am putting in.

A couple of notes for those thinking of possibly purchasing these… the 3157 amber bulb I switched out to a chrome coated amber bulb, which is shown in the top row of lights. This made a huge difference to get rid of the amber look in the daytime. It kind of disappears in the housing now and looks like it belongs that way.

Putting HIDs in these was a complete pain and took a lot of modification. It can be done, but it is the opposite of plug and play. The housing that the stock bulbs go into is not wide enough to accept a HID bulb. Also, the covers to keep the moisture out are too close to the projector to allow for the HID bulb and must be cut out… among other things. It’s almost like they went out of their way to make these HID-proof. It took a lot of filing, cutting, and drilling to get them in, but I finally did it. I siliconed them up and they are currently drying right now.

I should have them on tomorrow and I’ll take some pics if everything goes right.

Patiently waiting.........

OP
OP
williajj

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics so far with them on. It's hard to get a good photo in the garage with the lighting, so these pics don't really do them justice. The LEDs appear bluer in the picture than they really are in person. My opinion... if that row wasn't there all-together, these would be PERFECT. I need to get some outdoor pics, hopefully this weekend if it doesn't snow again:emotions122:

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 255

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick! I normally hate the LEDs in headlights, normally makes them look cheao, but these LEDs look great!

Shineshop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I think I really like those. Any problems with fit and finish or wiring them up?

OP
OP
williajj

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I think I really like those. Any problems with fit and finish or wiring them up?

If you don't put HID's in them, they are just plug and play. No additional wiring is needed.

The fit isn't perfect. There seems to be a slight gap underneath between the light and the bumper. If you look in the 1st pic I posted a few days ago, you can kind of see it, but it's not a huge deal to me. Otherwise I'm pretty impressed with these considering they were only $200. I haven't taken it outside yet to test out the projector beam pattern, but from what I saw in the garage, it seemed pretty decent.