New guy here. 05 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up TYF! I've been hanging out reading for about a week now, love this place and have already learned so much valueable info. I've owned 2 caddy sedans in the past and I hated that they weren't cross compatible with anything. I was worried about the escalade but after reading here I'm relieved to know that isn't the case.

Little info on my new truck...120k miles with some minor scratches on the front/rear bumpers, seats were just re-done before I bought it but the carpet needs some love. Luckily I used to be a damn good detailer so this baby will look brand new after I devote a weekend to it.

I've already bought a 51 piece wood kit and an AEM intake. I read the BB thread that tested a few different ones so I'll be returning this one and getting an Airaid once it comes in. I've got about 1500 left in my budget and I wanna do dual exhaust, BB tune 93 octane, 2/3 drop and possibly sway bars....maybe step up to 22s or 24s sometime next year but I'm ok with the 20s for now.

I'm really confused on what kind of drop I should do so any advice would be appreciated. IDK if I should do keys, springs, or spindles in the front???? And I have the auto-level air ride in back so I'm not sure if I need an actual drop in the back or if there's a trick I can do to "fool" the existing rear suspension??

Attachments

• CAM00097.jpg
    CAM00097.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 30
  • CAM00096.jpg
    CAM00096.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 33
  • CAM00095.jpg
    CAM00095.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 30
  • CAM00098.jpg
    CAM00098.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea I really wanna do the servo upgrade too but I'm a little scared after reading some of the horror stories. I'm also unsure if I should do the 2 or the 2,4 upgrade???

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm new here too. I just joined with an 02 Escalade. Did your previous owner describe how the seats were redone?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Caddy pretty clean for the year.

51 Piece wood kit, man thats a lot. Where is it all going? Everywhere?

Welcome aboard and looks like you have the modding down already. lol.

OP
OP
G

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Nathan and Mecahead

@matt he didn't explain how the leather was done, I'm assuming it was just completely recovered because they're brand new. If yours aren't too bad theres some ways to fix them (sand em down and re-dye) also the best way to clean leather is dove soap and a coat of pledge furniture polish

yes 51 pieces is a lot lol, heres a link http://www.drdashman.com/CADILLAC_ESCALADE_Dash_Trim_Kit_200376-details.aspx
got it on ebay for 250, best one I could find

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the updates! We're sure you will have your Escalade looking as good as new!

Cheers,

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968