New Guy heres my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nudisuzukisalvage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe.jpgIMG_6039Tahoe.jpg

This is my new to me 02 Chevy Tahoe LT 175k miles and runs and drives like new. I have a couple questions, if you guys could help me out that would be great.

When I push the tow/haul button it lights up on the cluster but does not drop in rpm, is this right?

Does anyone know what kind of gear lube I should put in the Tcase and diffs, I want to change it all out. What are the capacities as well? Thanks

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Brian, Nice rig. I believe the tow/haul mode just changes the shift points when towing, so when you're driving it's not necessarily always going to down shift.

bigfeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 175k I would leave the transfer case and diff alone bro. You will cause problems doing that.

HiMileage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With 175k I would leave the transfer case and diff alone bro. You will cause problems doing that.

What problems do you forsee? Not that I think you're wrong, just curious. Personally I've had a few of these trucks go over 200k without any drivetrain issues & feel pretty strongly that is due in part to changing all fluids at regular intervals. All fluids break down over time & use, get contaminated, etc. Other opinions differ, but I am a believer in synthetics, especially on components that are often neglected.

Back to original post, congrats on new addition to your family, and welcome to the forum. If you do change fluids, be sure to get correct type if your transfer case has the AUTO 4WD option.

OP
OP
N

Nudisuzukisalvage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I am going to disagree with you buddy, this truck has had all the regular maintenance done to it threw out its life. When I bought this truck it came with all service records. I would say if I were to flush a trans with high miles that never in its life had a flush, then I wouldnt. Then maybe I could be looking at some issues in the future. Maintenance is key with any make vehicle to get a long life out of it. The last place I worked ( unemployed now after 13 years ) we ran ford and Chevy vans and I have seen them hit 300k + miles with little major repair. All because they were heavily maintained. So I have to disagree with you fluids are meant to be changed, and its only going to extend the life of the vehicle

This Tahoe in particular was driven 123k miles in its first 3 years so they are all highway miles. I would like to get another 125 k out of her

I went to the Chevy dealer today and got the right Tcase fluid so Im set there, they said 2 qts should do it

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Brian, Nice rig. I believe the tow/haul mode just changes the shift points when towing, so when you're driving it's not necessarily always going to down shift.

^ +1 on what Chauncey said.

A warm welcome from me as well, Truck looks nice and clean!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO