New Guy NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tarteman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so i went and test drove and who ever installed this suspension i applaud you. this thing drove like it wasnt event lifted. it was so clean too. so i started my off at 6500 and eventually went up to 8200. he finally said i have an offer of 11.5 i said well thanks for letting me drive it and good luck with that. he wasnt really going to budge. oh well i will just keep my eyes open and hopefully come across a stock low mile one.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your a smart man for letting it go. yea it will look good in the driveway, but that price is way off even in florida.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the guy really had an offer for 11.5 he WOULD have jumped on it ...
The whole thing seems a little 'scamy' to me ... I think you may have just avoided a polished turd.
Well played Matthew ... plus it's always more fun to do your own mods than to inherit those of others. :waytogo:

OP
OP
T

tarteman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so my new question is what should be some points to look for/ at for the 96-99 2 door?

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are a few things i look at personally. 1 is general condition, if the truck looks like the owner hasnt cared for it then the same could be for the drivetrain. oil leaks, h2o leaks, cel, ect. a live scan tool is helpful on the test drive so you can see if there are any problems that dont meet the eye

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ this

Alternatively, if like myself you're not confident as to your ability to spot hidden problems/issues, having a mechanic buddy with you who's familiar with these trucks, or taking it to a mechanic, is always a sound approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925