New guy with a new to me 2013 Yukon Xl...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IROCDave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am 44 YO and the only non GM vehicle I have purchased was a 2001 BMW 540I. For my wife's birthday a couple of weekends ago I traded in her 2003 Tahoe for a used 2013 Yukon XL. It has about 19K miles on it, guess it was a commercial lease vehicle from the LA area. Disneyland? It is loaded, BU cam, 2 flip down TV's, tow package, power sunroof, BOSE, leather etc but not a Denali. Paid a little over 38K and got 6K for the trade in. It felt like a decent deal?

Are there any common issues with these things? I understand GM vehicles are durable, my 03 CC 3/4 ton HD Silverado with a Duramax has 150K + miles on it and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. My brother bought my 98 GMC and it know has well over 250K on it and he hasn't had to do much to keep it on the road (fuel pump). But my Dmax and the last Tahoe have had some common GM issues. Steering shaft noise, wheel bearings, injectors, seat heaters..So this isn't a slam on GM, just would like to know what the common issues are for a 2013 Yukon.

Thank you.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! I recently got a 2011 Yukon and love it. No issues... Yet :)

OP
OP
I

IROCDave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! I recently got a 2011 Yukon and love it. No issues... Yet :)

Congrats on your new purchase. My work gave me a 2014 3/4tn HD in January so I am familiar with GM's new body styles. I am 6'3+ tall and my head hits the roof badly entering my work truck. Not so much in the Yukon. Had lots of headroom in the 03 Tahoe and my 03 Silverado. In the Yukon my hair scrapes the headliner, in a Tahoe or Yukon I have to bend my neck to fit. That's why I bought the Yukon. WTF is up with raising the seat bases on new vehicles? People that purchase them are larger than the average person. It sucks not fitting in to vehicles then having tiny people question why you have a large vehicle. Maybe small people just are not mentally capable of relating physical size to needs????

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a 13 Yukon also and mechanically I've had no problems thus far. The only problem I've had was with the audio system. AM/FM play fine, XM I've had issues with the volume being lower or non existent. I've gotten a new XM module and head unit as it was covered by warranty but that still has not rectified it. The issue only happens intermittently now so I'm waiting for another occurrence then I'm running to the dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate