New Here!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
exitstance

exitstance

Reaction score
Hmm I thought the vents came of easy, I haven't tried just looked at how they were attached.

I did paint the bow tie with krylon fusion and clear. I did sand it first, about 4 coats black (10 min between) and 3 or 4 clear. To me it came out good. Not sure about how long it will last though, held up fine for 3 weeks so far.

The bowtie is small though, the vents have a lot of plastic and there in an obvious area.

still might try though.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are definitely hard to pull off, just do some searching as there is a thread somewhere with pics of the fasteners and how to pull. Basicaly it's not just a straight out pull, you have to put different pressures to get them to come out.

About the paint, alotta guys are painting stuff on their own..bowties, grills and I even saw a guy do his own bumper. I can personally tell you it's not as simple to get a great clean job every time, BUT if you find some junk plastic and practice - you can improve your skills tremendously. I would get the old paint off first. Oh, and buy extra paint for the test runs. :)

BOSS

Yea, thanks for the heads-up. I did a thread recently with pics of the two bolts to remove. I will look for it and see if it's even worth my time and effort

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!

1. For the dome lights I ordered the bulbs listed in the sticky post in the "interior" section but I got the $7 ones instead of the 15$ by mistake, is this a big deal?

No big deal, just wont be as bright...

2. Can I get the factory color paint of my tahoe in a spray can and could I use it to paint the rear air vents? Would it look ok?

As others mentioned, you can paint them yourself or take them to get sprayed. My painter did the ones on my old Tahoe for $100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e

Latest posts