New introduction from FL.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought i'd stop lurking the forums here and introduce myself. Bought my truck early last month. She's a 2007 Tahoe LT with 65,000 miles on it. Absolutely in love with the truck. Mods are going to be minimal; drop in K&N air filter, replace the steering wheel covers (Black/Ebony is peeling), fix the over head Dvd player (Disc refuses to eject but still plays), upgrade the sound system and get a nice head unit (this stock sound system is complete garbage imo), HiDs (4300), and perhaps a BB tuning. And for the pics;

(My previous vehicle was the green 2001 Ford Ranger, hugeeee upgrade)
KyXpqgk.jpg

PViEb8S.jpg

vvRX1L7.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck ... please restore your ability to see at night.

Welcome to TYF.

OP
OP
Damien1990

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great looking truck ... please restore your ability to see at night.

Welcome to TYF.

Yes that's one of my only gripes from the PO is the tinted head lights, I can't see jack shit at night. And they appeared to be sprayed on, so i'm on the search for new head lights.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get aftermarket oem clone housings for around $150 from TYC, 1aauto, and other such companies ... their quality is pretty close to stock.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Do you think your headlights are tinted enough. Surprised you can even see or people see your signals.

OP
OP
Damien1990

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome.

Do you think your headlights are tinted enough. Surprised you can even see or people see your signals.

Yea i'm surprised the dealer was even allowed to sell the truck to me with them tinted. The top picture has a "instagram filter" on it though, making it appear alot darker then they actually are... but regardless they are going back to OEM.

(Pic without filter)
jVsfXWg.jpg

dBBILu5.jpg

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daytime bright sun I doubt people will see your signal. Keep in Mind in accident they can put full blaim on you with over dark headlights. And I assume the tails are black also. On the tails. I can intentionally rear end you knowing I can say "I could not see the brake lights because of the tint" and they will charge you. Just keep that in Mind.

We are not being harsh just trying to look out for ya.

Other than that let the mods begin and good looking truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968