New Member 2015 SLT XL vs Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecanem

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just found this forum and seems like a great place for Yukon talk.

We are expecting our third child (and will have 3 kids under 4) so will need to trade in our X5 for something bigger.

Tried all sorts of cars and I think the Yukon XL fits our needs best because of our frequent ski trips in the winter.

Now my conundrum. A local dealer has an XL on the way speced exactly how I would want it.

Or I could order a Denali XL and wait till.... May? Due to constraints?

Is anyone finding dealers doing supplier pricing on the Denali XL?

I am in Pittsburgh for the record.

Either way... third baby is due May 2 and is probably going to be here early, I might end up with XL SLT but I don't want to regret not getting the Denali(the one salesman at the local dealer told me Denalis werent shipping till July).

Thoughts?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get the Yukon and save the rest for the start of college funds. Hahahhaha

smitty10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just found this forum and seems like a great place for Yukon talk.

We are expecting our third child (and will have 3 kids under 4) so will need to trade in our X5 for something bigger.

Tried all sorts of cars and I think the Yukon XL fits our needs best because of our frequent ski trips in the winter.

Now my conundrum. A local dealer has an XL on the way speced exactly how I would want it.

Or I could order a Denali XL and wait till.... May? Due to constraints?

Is anyone finding dealers doing supplier pricing on the Denali XL?

I am in Pittsburgh for the record.

Either way... third baby is due May 2 and is probably going to be here early, I might end up with XL SLT but I don't want to regret not getting the Denali(the one salesman at the local dealer told me Denalis werent shipping till July).

Thoughts?

I just ordered a short body on Saturday at supplier pricing and i was told between 4 to 8 weeks until arrival. That is the short body though, it might be different for the XLs

OP
OP
E

ecanem

Reaction score
After a lengthy discussion with my wife and a call to my local dealer who is getting:

http://www.bowsergm.com/VehicleDeta...n_XL-4WD_4dr_SLT-Pleasant_Hills-PA/2203428743

We agreed that we will go with that Yukon XL. We would like the Denali but it's just not in the cards right now. The dealer does GM Supplier Program pricing so we should be around $62k before tax/title.

Now the next big question.

Trade in my 08 low mileage Infiniti G35X or our 11 BMW X5 x35D loaded. We love the X5 but it's going to be a chunk of change I need to pull out. Both are paid off, the X5 could pull in $35k trade-$40k private party while the G35 is only $16-18k.

Decisions decisions.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade in the higher valued car. You'll get a better tax incentive (if you have vehicle sales tax there).

:Handshake:

OP
OP
E

ecanem

Reaction score
We do have 7% sales tax but I am not 100% sold on trading in the car depending on what the dealer offers me. I have access to take the car to the auction and have a good friend who is a small used car dealer in a good spot. So I could sell privately and make up the tax different and then some.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do have 7% sales tax but I am not 100% sold on trading in the car depending on what the dealer offers me. I have access to take the car to the auction and have a good friend who is a small used car dealer in a good spot. So I could sell privately and make up the tax different and then some.

ehh.. i dunno if I'd consider an auction value higher than dealer trade. 7% of $40k is $2800.. and its less hassle. Auctions usually charge a fee (percentage) to even sell the vehicle there. And usually an auction would fetch much less than a trade-in value, or atleast I would think so.

Plus some dealers might even give you a trade-in assistance rebate on top of that tax incentive. I'd negotiate a little before I let a car go to an auction. Just my $.02.

OP
OP
E

ecanem

Reaction score
ehh.. i dunno if I'd consider an auction value higher than dealer trade. 7% of $40k is $2800.. and its less hassle. Auctions usually charge a fee (percentage) to even sell the vehicle there. And usually an auction would fetch much less than a trade-in value, or atleast I would think so.

Plus some dealers might even give you a trade-in assistance rebate on top of that tax incentive. I'd negotiate a little before I let a car go to an auction. Just my $.02.

Yeah I guess it depends on what the dealer is planning to do with the car. I am guessing they probably would drop an X5 on their used car lot. I have checked Manheim MMR so I know exactly what they are selling for at dealer auction which obviously gives me a leg up in negotiation.

I don't even have any values yet so this all my be a moot point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap