New Member - Tim **. - 2019 Suburban 6 speed transmission & sucks touch screen "info center"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am told to introduce myself.
An old fart with a 2019 4x4 Suburban w/ 85,000 miles having learned GM 6 speed auto transmissions fail about this mileage thanks to welded torque converter and the shifting disc failure (stated by my dealer as defined by GM as a 'wear item' ... calling the question 'what is the anticipated lifetime of this 'wear item'? ... however long the transmission lasts was the answer. ... you all no doubt know of the class action suits on the 8 cylinder to 6 cylinder push rod fiasco .. .and the engineers who sell a box to lock those damnable deviations from reality out .... and how the 6 speed transmission was replaced by the 8 speed that has a class action on failure going now ... and the newest 10 speed is supposed to make shifting smooth but will it eliminate transmission failures to bring about something like why I bought this thing in the first place .. the reputation of Suburbans not to mention 8' x 4' cargo space makes it a better pickup than a pickup.
and now, my main issue ...... HELP ME HERE ...... I came across WALLEYEMIKEIII post of 22 Feb 2022 that was invaluable in my search for WHY the "InfoTainment" center screen decides to have 'ghost touches' - the worst part being they take control of the screen at the steering wheel .. the one with information necessary to drive and know when to change oil and such. the 'pings' that are associated with the 'ghost touch commands' get to be annoying.
Mostly annoying is Walleye Mike's statement that this has been a GM problem since at least 2015, no cure, and most "cures" fail to the expense of the disenchanted owners.
OBTW: ... I found an outfit claiming the cause is the original screens are too thin, their thicker ones "fix the problem" >>>> WALLEYE MIKE WHERE ARE YOU? >>>> with a 2 year warranty.. I asked some questions only to be told to 'buy it or not' ... well the actual with company info:
CUESCREENS

Hi Tim, please place your order if you are interested. You can review the website pages for all sorts of information you are asking about.

from Customer No Help
Charles G.
Technical Support
Any updated information from WalleyeMikeIII or others on the wonderful touch screen problem appreciated ...

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from WI. I have had similar issues with the touch screen and from what I've gathered its GM's best cost cutting techniques at work. A replacement screen is easy to put in (I just bought one for my 2017 with a 2 yr warranty for less than 1 hr or shop time at a stealership). Looks easy enough to do, so I'll report back when done.

To you other list of gripes.......yep they are all BS that LOTS of people have had to deal with. I agree it shouldn't happen, and you can thank our wonderful EPA (mindless fools if you ask me), and bean counters for most of the issues you speak of.

Fortunately, there are many good peeps on this site with good advice/solutions. If you choose to move forward and fix the issues, the answers are probably here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave-mc