New-Nivomats... ( Old subject/new problem ) Do they exist??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I would bet that a good dealer could tell you which rear shocks came OE on your rig.
I went to the GMC dealer / parts dept......
I discovered good information....... AND...... more confused..... ( This is nuts).....

My '05 Yukon XL has the ZW7 RPO.... " Premium Ride Suspension - ZW7 "..... I have no # G65 or # G69 RPO.
The shocks on my rears are original Part # 540-433 " Premium Shocks". ( blue color)

I do not use Nivomats, due to having 4WD ( rear axle is different than a FWD )....
HERE'S THE RUB.......
The shocks, on the dealer computer, showing for my Yukon, is like mine....

BUT..... The drawing, showing my shocks has this: An air hose ?????
My shocks on my truck does NOT have an air hose attachment...
But the computer at the dealer... has my correct part number, showing an air hose??
My shock part number is # 540-433. It does not show an air hose in any search !!

I don't have an air compressor, etc.....

What the hell ???

Attachments

• 20240620_150055~2.jpg
    20240620_150055~2.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240620_150122~2.jpg
    20240620_150122~2.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240620_150122.jpg
    20240620_150122.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Yukon-Nivomat?.jpg
    Yukon-Nivomat?.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 5

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think there were more options for suspension in '05 and later models. But the statement "I do not use Nivomats, due to having 4WD ( rear axle is different than a FWD )" does not seem to be accurate. (And I think you mean RWD, not FWD).

My '04 came with G65 Nivomats in the rear and is 4wd.

540-433 is not an air shock, it's a monotube shock. I think you're correct that the diagram doesn't apply to yours.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there were more options for suspension in '05 and later models. But the statement "I do not use Nivomats, due to having 4WD ( rear axle is different than a FWD )" does not seem to be accurate. (And I think you mean RWD, not FWD).

My '04 came with G65 Nivomats in the rear and is 4wd.

540-433 is not an air shock, it's a monotube shock. I think you're correct that the diagram doesn't apply to yours.
I was just repeating what the dealer was saying......
( Uh, yea... I meant RWD...)

Yup, my shocks are monotube..... The parts guy was going to check further, but the dealer ( as most dealers across the country was experiencing the reported cyberattack crap yesterday )

I guess I'll be returning my 'good-used' nivomats, and get a pair of new OEM shocks..

( The guy, I bought the Nivomats from ( Truckee Salvage ), said he is fine for a return )

I WONDER...... WOULD IT BE WORTH THE EXPENSE TO CHANGE OUT THE SPRINGS, AND INSTALL THE NIVOMATS??

Last edited:

JCODOHERTY

Reaction score
Instead of returning these Nivomats, back to the seller, I wonder if anyone wants them?
They look new..... $259.00 for the pair.
I replaced the original Nivomats with the GM ones (obviously later production) some years ago. Recently noticed a slight sag to one side. Either the Nivomats are prematurely failing or one of the springs is not happy. Currently looking for an old NOS OEM rear spring from the early 2000s. It seems to me that the steel is the issue. At the time I did the Nivos I did the springs along with. They were good to go. Rock solid. But now they're not.. I might swap the springs and see what that does.

Anybody have the correct GM Premium ride rear spring production code number?

Also, what happened to the internet? It's getting harder to find things that used to be easy to dig up. Now when I click on page 10 of the search results there is no page 10, it's gone, a mirage. Literally everything of value is being scrubbed.

Is there still an exploded parts diagram file for the GMT800s online for free?

Thanks

JCODOHERTY

Reaction score
Just a heads up;
The GM 15182555 rear spring found on GMT800 1500 series Tahoe/Yukon RWD w/ "premium ride" (w/out off-road chassis) & also found on "smooth ride chassis" like the Escalade and YXL SLTs was discontinued in 2013. I should remember this because I went through all this once before several years ago. Not to hijack the thread but the various suspension set-ups aren't all easily replaced with current offerings.
Good luck

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up;
The GM 15182555 rear spring found on GMT800 1500 series Tahoe/Yukon RWD w/ "premium ride" (w/out off-road chassis) & also found on "smooth ride chassis" like the Escalade and YXL SLTs was discontinued in 2013. I should remember this because I went through all this once before several years ago. Not to hijack the thread but the various suspension set-ups aren't all easily replaced with current offerings.
Good luck
Your rear springs are specific to your RPO codes as a "premium smooth ride" , .. depending on your smooth ride version. VIN # check at the dealer will tell.

JCODOHERTY

Reaction score
Yes, I've replaced them before (with the correct ones) thanks.
My RPO codes are literally directly below in my signature.
Thanks

Mmiguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So replaced all the suspension including new nivomats/springs and front shocks on my premium smooth ride Tahoe (2005) and wish I would have kept the springs. The moog replacement is stiffer(same spring height uninstalled). Now my truck doesn’t sit right. How can I find a set or correct springs??

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So replaced all the suspension including new nivomats/springs and front shocks on my premium smooth ride Tahoe (2005) and wish I would have kept the springs. The moog replacement is stiffer(same spring height uninstalled). Now my truck doesn’t sit right. How can I find a set or correct springs??
Possibly, a GM dealer may find your proper springs in stock?
Salvage yard?
>>>>>> Go to dealer >>>>> VIN #

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f l spirit