New oil pressure sensor went bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diezelraccoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I replaced the oil pressure sending unit on my 03 Tahoe because the gauge was pegged at 80. It ended up fixing the issue but then today it pegged back at 80 so clearly it went bad. I replaced with an ACdelco brand part.

Any ideas as to what caused this or perhaps it’s another issue? I don’t know if it has anything to do with the little screen when replacing the filter. I read not all of them have the little screen and I couldn’t seem to feel for one when I replaced the sending unit.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The filter/screen showed up on next generation body style with AFM/DOD; your truck doesn't have the filter.

You could have a chaffed wire getting grounded causing the sender to peg out? The wire insulation will wear out right at the connector and can touch each other. Your model has 3 wires at the connector. Check that before replacing the sender again.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I replaced the oil pressure sending unit on my 03 Tahoe because the gauge was pegged at 80. It ended up fixing the issue but then today it pegged back at 80 so clearly it went bad. I replaced with an ACdelco brand part.

Any ideas as to what caused this or perhaps it’s another issue? I don’t know if it has anything to do with the little screen when replacing the filter. I read not all of them have the little screen and I couldn’t seem to feel for one when I replaced the sending unit.
this reportedly happens more often than it should return it and get a replacement.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Who was the manufacturer of the first sender? Are you saying the sender was replaced and then went bad again and you then replaced with an AC Delco part, the second time? Your flow, to me, is confusing. Yes, there is no screen.

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who was the manufacturer of the first sender? Are you saying the sender was replaced and then went bad again and you then replaced with an AC Delco part, the second time? Your flow, to me, is confusing. Yes, there is no screen.
The old unit was bad, I replaced it a few weeks ago with a new ACDelco brand one. It fixed the issue but then yesterday the gauge pegged out at 80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytahoeat409