New Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll be cruising around checking out possible mods...

BTW.... I know it's a stupid question, but what is an "applique" pics?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any time the GM dude that fills out the parts catalog is drunk and can't remember the name of a part he calls that part an appliqué. There's a lot of appliques on these trucks. Basically the whole truck is a collection of appliques and a vortec.

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
okay, so i'm not totally crazy... i was thinking it was just the piece above the rear license plate where the tahoes have a bowtie & cadillac's have the crest... which others are people replacing/repainting?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the liftgate applique you're talking about. There's also the d pillar appliques that are the moldings that go over the taillights (they are two types, escalade and regular). GM also calls the spoiler and a lot of other random parts appliqués. But most commonly referenced here are the liftgate and d pillar.

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Awesome, now i'll understand what's going on in the nnbs world as it applies to appliques.

BTW, thanks to your posts i'm going to have to get retrofits... So... thanks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968