New Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Proud new owner of a 96 Tahoe, 4x4 LT. First tahoe. I'm a classic Volkswagen guy typically, but my twins and I needed more room and comfort. No big plans as of yet. Plan to fix the little quirks and keep it running well. I have the original window sticker that has stayed with the truck all these years too. Kind of cool IMO!

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the Tahoe life. Haha. Everyone is really helpful and can answer any question about these trucks that you can possibly think of so just ask if you want to know something. Any pics of your new ride? You can upload pics to photobucket or similiar site and use the IMG code to post pictures on here btw

OP
OP
Kevostradamus

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will do, at work right now. The truck came from Michigan, then Indiana and now in Kentucky.

OP
OP
Kevostradamus

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe has a few quirks. The blinker makes noise from the flasher but isn't on. The DRL'S show active but not on. Probably burnt out bulbs. Radio is acting weird but seems like a short. All things I can live with but fix eventually.

OP
OP
Kevostradamus

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365940605.622813.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365940624.792803.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365940644.091693.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365940661.522624.jpg

Here are a few quick pics. Still working on that window sticker scan!

OP
OP
Kevostradamus

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, my factory unit is having some issues. I would like to swap it for something iPhone/iPod capable eventually. Pandora is much better than the local radio jive.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
I have an aux. and iPod hookup. My ipod cable is finally flaking out so i just use my aux output and run pandora or spotify on my iPhone while I drive. Someday I will do the double din conversion and have bluetooth and no wires. Someday.

EvAZRt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, I feel that's a nice safe SUV for you and your twins. As raptor said these members on here are great at helping you with issues or pointing you in the right direction. Plus parts for the most part are very easy to find at your local auto store....When your blinker is on does it chime real fast? I had my turn signal switch go bad and it would arch and smoke a little. i have the older model turn signal tho. I also had a wire that would ground on my frame under my drivers seat it went to my tail lights and would make a noise under my dash and kept blowing my fuse for my brake lights. I don't know a lot about working on these trucks or any trucks for that matter but I have always just asked around when I have a problem and I go with the answer I get the most. I've fixed everything on myself and have not gotten my self into trouble yet. Pretty easy trucks to work on especially if you have experience...

I also have my window sticker. It is very cool. Maybe we should try and start a post for posting those i their is not already one. i am just wondering how many people have theirs. what was retail on yours. mine made me feel bad since it retailed for 27k in 94 and he had it the whole time then sold it to me for 4k. I don't know if i could have let it go. Im glad he did because it has done everything for me since 2007 me and my friends have gone on a lot of road trips and it has never left us stuck. any part i have needed to replace has been a factory part except for the ac system. Good luck with your new ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby