New tires...White letters in or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup just got new tires. I had been planning to step up in diameter when i wen with lift/level but the lift has to wait and I need tires for my drive to florida in a couple weeks. So i went with Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's in P265/75/16...i was gonna go LT but no need for those. The P's have plenty of tread on them.

Now....white letters in or white letters out? Im considering out..even tho my buddies are calling me a redneck lol, only becaus ei think with the 16in stock wheel they may look even smaller with the all black sidewall. The RF10's dont have an annoying amount of lettering anyway. So hmmm...which should i go with.

Ill post up my thoughts on the tires once they are mounted and have a few miles on them But im kind of a tire fanatic and did my homework. Plus, 131 bucks and free shipping from discount tire direct.com didnt hurt!

Dynamo

Reaction score
I will be the lone dissenter. For 16" wheels I think white letter out look better. I think it makes the large sidewalls look less like big donuts.

For lower profile tires, definitely white letters in.

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always done out, but planning on going in on the new ones next month.
One vote for,...uh,..either.
Sometimes blackwalls on stock wheels looks a bit to "soccermomish" for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou