New tires...White letters in or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know what ya mean with the soccer mom thing...now on a escalade i would run white in..idk just seems to cheapen the exterior up a bit with whites out on them. Im really thinking whites out on these..maybe i should lay the tires on the truck and take side shots lol

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be the lone dissenter. For 16" wheels I think white letter out look better. I think it makes the large sidewalls look less like big donuts.

For lower profile tires, definitely white letters in.

i agree, gives it more of a beefy truck look without the beef, haha. whites in look more sporty but depending on the tire sometimes look more like donuts

triniguy26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It depends on the tire size.16" tires look a little beefier/sporty with the white letters out.I vote leave em out.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out...

I've always had the white letter outlines and keep 'em out. only time they get really dirty is if you, or someone driving your truck doesn't know how to parallel park.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your sticking with stock sizing i say in. If your going big mudder I say out. Some vechles look good in and some out. IMO in is best on these stock or lower profile.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now im torn lol. Im not worried about trying to clean them really. I use wesleys bleach white whitewall cleaner,have for years and never had an issue keeping raised white letters clean. The tires on there now...cheap nexen models, have the white letters out so idk right now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou