New to forum 2010 SSV Tahoe build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sppv

sppv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the color. Personally, I'd keep the spots and the wheels. People tend to move out of your way when you're headed down the freeway when they see those Tahoes coming down the road. Ask me how I know. :)

Pull the spots and wheels, and it's just another Soccer-Mom-Mobile.

haha yeah people do act differently when they see me on the road, especially driving through the ghetto!

Does your PPV have holes in roof from the lights? Mine have been filled with silicon but they must not have done a good job because I had water in my headliner the other day.. Im going to resilicon them unless anyone knows of a better way.

Also, did you fix the rear locks to be able to open the doors from inside? IF so do you know the part number I need to get?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Nice. It will be a nice little tow vehicle. back in 08 I sold my 99 GS-T show car and got an 07 Tahoe. I towed the 99 around for a month or so and towed 10 hours to sell it as well. Like to see more of the 240.

sweet yeah Im working on getting a car trailer at the moment..

2012-09-21190627_zpsffad6d68.jpg

2013-08-25093320_zps2e22ef0e.jpg

2013-12-24104416_zpsf30108eb.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix hurry up and get back so I can test fit your wheels..
When you coming back?

LOL if you feel like taking them off and back on be my guest. Don't know how well the 33" mud terrains will fit since your stock suspension is lower then normal. I'll be back before July 31st that's all I know. Esky third brake light, esky roof rack, esky appliques, and retrofit projectors sitting at my house waiting to be put on. You gonna help me or what? lol

OP
OP
sppv

sppv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL if you feel like taking them off and back on be my guest. Don't know how well the 33" mud terrains will fit since your stock suspension is lower then normal. I'll be back before July 31st that's all I know. Esky third brake light, esky roof rack, esky appliques, and retrofit projectors sitting at my house waiting to be put on. You gonna help me or what? lol

yeah dude hit me up the day you get back ill def help put them on.. And yes I would like to test fit your wheels before I soend that kind of money on my own.. Its only 40 bucks on ebay for a 2 inch lift for the front, I think the back is high enough already but thats why I want to put yours on mine to make sure. Im really thinking about those black 2015 22 inch denali wheels..

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a 2" up front you might be higher in the rear since you have the lower PPV suspension.

Neil Layne

Steel Neil
Reaction score
are you in lafayette? haha, i go to UL, is that where you are going to school?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

and nice pickup on the tahoe, i didn't know they made those in that color. i thought it was just white for some reason..

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep he's in Lafayette and goes to UL. I convinced him to join the forum haha. That color didn't come out until 2010.

OP
OP
sppv

sppv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you do a 2" up front you might be higher in the rear since you have the lower PPV suspension.

I have the SSV remember they didnt lower the back on those.. It has the towing package so its higher than the front for sure.

Neil Layne

Steel Neil
Reaction score
haha, thats awesome. i tried to get someone to join up the other day. we all need to meet up and grab some lunch.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

after felix's mods..

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SSV remember they didnt lower the back on those.. It has the towing package so its higher than the front for sure.

Ah I see I thought the SSV had the lower suspension too.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

haha, thats awesome. i tried to get someone to join up the other day. we all need to meet up and grab some lunch.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

after felix's mods..

I will be back on the 30th and driving straight to Dallas to pick up the Denali. I'll be in until August 11th too so definitely need to get lunch one day.