New To Forums

Dumpin a Denali on 24s - In your professional opinion you would recommend:

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denalilama

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, newbie here. Here's my 2001 Denali:
IMG_8586.jpg
Before I got this truck last fall, I started looking online to find ways to mod this baby up and I found this site which is pretty freakin awesome. I've been using forums to mod up my past cars and this site just looks like it'll work perfectly for the Denali. Can't wait to do some DIYs and share some of the things I've done to the truck that isn't yet up on the sites. I've owned a Ford Mustang, Toyota Corolla, and now I'm rollin this GM and lovin it. When I purchased this truck it was a great base to work from. Some of the mods it includes are: 24" IForged Wheels, Flowmaster 50 series, Baer Brakes, Xenons, and some other upgrades I'm still not yet familiar with.

Hope you guys don't mind me asking questions.

Look forward to talkin to you all. Peace.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, nice ride. I said 3/5 because you have good roads in your neck of the woods...LOL...

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The Denali looks good! I voted 3/5 but I think 2/4 or no drop would be good as well. For me it really depends on what you would want to use it for. Mine is my family driver that we also take camping etc and so I've decided not to drop it for my Tahoe. If you don't do anything that drastic then I would go with a 3/5 or a 2/4 drop.

OP
OP
D

Denalilama

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome, nice ride. I said 3/5 because you have good roads in your neck of the woods...LOL...

I absolutely love the look of it being 3/5. I just wonder if going through snow at Lake Tahoe a few times during the season, I'd be alright with the drop. For sure I'm taking off the 24s for the winter and so I could give it a good clean and polish. I'm actually shopping for some 20" winter wheels & tires already. We'll see. At least I have the all wheel drive to play and maybe do some snow doughnuts while the wife and the boy are sleepin in the back. LOL.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Welcome aboard. I like it stock height, haha.

next mod should be : http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178

You'd be surprised at how many people tell me to leave it alone. It's a tough one though ain't it since we always want it to be just a little (or a lot) different from when we first got it. I just can't help myself sometimes. Love the tails BTW.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum! The Denali looks good! I voted 3/5 but I think 2/4 or no drop would be good as well. For me it really depends on what you would want to use it for. Mine is my family driver that we also take camping etc and so I've decided not to drop it for my Tahoe. If you don't do anything that drastic then I would go with a 3/5 or a 2/4 drop.

Right now it is our family driver too and we use it to tour family around the Bay, or pick em up at the airport, grocery getter, we use it for road trips, occasional boat towing, and camping, but now we'll be going to the snow more often. I won't be doing off-road dirt-road fire-trail stuff (maybe we get a nice lifted truck for that)...so I guess want it to be multi-purpose 20% of the time, the other 80% of the time I want it to look good on a cruise down the strip. Who knows, maybe I keep it stock during the winter and lower it during the other months. I'll just keep playing with this one and get more insight from yall. What other reasons did you not drop yours?

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Welcome like ur wheels

Man growing up I used to always draw my trucks lifted just like that. Love it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty