New tune that is amazing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black07.5tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to find out about some tuning for my tahoe, looking for some better gas mileage and maybe a little better punch

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
after switching tunes, i went from 14.2 mpg to 16.7 mpg after chuck from cow retuned it for me.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a big improvement... Keep in mind detonation (ping) may have been addressed by enriching the A/F ratio (adding more fuel) and there was butt dyno perceived increase in performance. An increase of 2.5 mpgs is a lot. Is the COW a dyno tune?

Is this based on the DIC or hand calculated? I would check that using a GPS to measure distance just to make sure. Keep in mind I am a curious engineer and I like to confirm things like this :cheers:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
That's a big improvement... Keep in mind detonation (ping) may have been addressed by enriching the A/F ratio (adding more fuel) and there was butt dyno perceived increase in performance. An increase of 2.5 mpgs is a lot. Is the COW a dyno tune?

Is this based on the DIC or hand calculated? I would check that using a GPS to measure distance just to make sure. Keep in mind I am a curious engineer and I like to confirm things like this :cheers:.

i was using the dic screen, it was not done on a dyno either. it was street done over about an hour or 2 period of time.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIC is not a good way to track this. Try a GPS based mileage are report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968